Friday, July 23, 2021

Hangover - Summer 2021 Reminder

Our Club's gathering is 8 pm tomorrow night (Saturday) at World of Beer by the airport (5311 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607). Come hang out, bring your WAGs, act like we enjoy each others company. Be sure to eat food, at some point, wherever.

Tee time on Sunday at Scepter is 10:30am. Get there earlier than usual if you want to use the range (see map in previous post). Long drive is #16, which is the 7th hole on the back nine (Osprey).

-------------------------------

Three of the five Board members discussed the FBGC Masters last Sunday... we're not going to move it from next week. While we have moved it once in the past — it was 5+ years ago and we only had about 10 members. One of our Board members said something along the lines of: "Missing week 9 is technically the same thing as missing week 1."
 
I forgot this came up two years ago at Falcon's Fire, and the same Board reached the same conclusion. I'll let the new Board officially rule on this in the off-season, but for now we'll leave everything as scheduled.
 
Another reason for the decision: Troy has graciously booked us August 1st at ChampionsGate Country Club in Orlando, the site of Tall Mike stealing the Cup from Dave in 2016... Dave snapping his putter in 2 on the 17th green despite shooting 78... a handful of players shooting their lowest rounds ever (at the time)...over a third of the field shooting in the 70s!

All for $40 through his contact. We can't just call them up Monday and ask to move 5 tee times to the following week.

So if you can't make it... then get it done this week!

5 comments:

  1. I’ll be there around 9ish. Curious as to why you say to eat beforehand. Don’t they have decent food options there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have food. Chandler just doesn't like watching people eat. But I'm going to eat there anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I forgot they had food. It's a world full of beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I remember right this clubhouse was slammed last time we were there. Might have been after the 2 man scramble event as this place should be empty this time of year. With that said do we want to make a back up plan now??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was during NFL Sunday. I’d say if we don’t eat there, it’ll probably be because it isn’t open for some reason.

    ReplyDelete