Got our first Rapture course reserved.
River Hall Country Club, located in Alva about an hour north of our AirBnBs (on our way back to Tampa). We'll be playing our
final round — Singles — starting at 10:18am, for $59ish.
This is a Davis Love III design, built in 2007. I have never played one of his
courses, and this looks to be a high-handicappers dream. Wide open off the
tee, not long by any means, with large greens. You can watch a flyover of each hole
here (pro tip: turn off your sound and set the speed to 2x):
However... that shitty drone footage doesn't do a good job with the elevation changes of greens and fairway ridges. For example, the par-3 16th green looks flat and surrounded by bunkers. From the ground it looks like this:
Clearly two distinct tiers and probably a 4-6 foot drop off the back into sand. It'll probably play a lot like the original Esplanade in Lakewood Ranch... but I'm just guessing. I'm not going to see this course before we get there.
More to come later!

That drone footage does suck. But the course looks cool.
ReplyDelete