Our final course is booked for the 2021 Rapture, playing Chapman on Saturday at 10am at Vineyards (South).
This is a private course which was recommended, so I have no idea what to expect. They're also asking us to pay as a group, so I'll add it to your tab and collect while we're down there — about $210 for: Friday golf, Saturday golf, and $50 entry fee.
This course was built in 1987, designed by Bill Amick — who also did Mangrove Bay & Pebble Creek! It hosted a Champions Tour event five times, the first two (1990 & 1991) won by Lee Trevino.
Based on the tee options, it's going to be a little longer than we've ever had for Chapman (6,362) — which is bad for Team Orange as they possess two of the shortest hitters (Chandler & Darren). Of course, this also means that chipping around the green will play a big factor, which is bad for Team Blue.
Everything is now officially booked. Remember we check-in the afternoon of Thursday, October 7th. There's limited parking available so we need to carpool as much as possible. Start coordinating with people now.
Maybe you should practice more and you wouldn't be such a short hitter...
ReplyDeleteAlso, just looked back at the draft, and I hope Darren is going to play with some fire after being the last pick, after Danny and Gorecki. Gary should be fired up, too, after his tumble down the board. It was awful nice of Geoff to list him before Gorecki in the draft.
I can confirm Darren is a bit salty at the moment about the draft…
ReplyDeleteFormer last pick here. I am proud to move up the rankings; even if it is at Darren’s expense. I am still going to be the best value and I’ll help Darren be a great value on day two.
ReplyDeleteYou don’t need to help Darren. Just take the W now so I don’t have to play day 2
ReplyDeleteMaybe Geoff and Moostie took attitude into account on the draft. That’s just downright rude, Darren.
ReplyDeleteGood work brown
ReplyDeleteLet the predictions begin...whichever team wins Round 1 wins the Moses. Rounds 2 & 3 look pretty even to me.
ReplyDeleteDoes that mean you don’t think Round 1 is even? And if so… who wins?
ReplyDeleteBlue 3-1
ReplyDeleteBold
ReplyDelete