Monday, January 3, 2022

Spring 2022 Season!

Happy New Year, people.

We are set to start our Club's 20th season in a couple of weeks. While I did have January 9th as a placeholder in our tentative schedule... we didn't need to use it. We already have adequate make-up options for Spring, and a potential 2-month gap between seasons.

So use this Sunday for final prep! Or use it to remind your WAG that golf season is back.

Many people asked me yesterday where we are starting Spring 2022. While I have some ideas, it's difficult to reserve spots if 38% of our Members haven't filled out their registration. As always, if you haven't filled it out, we won't be saving you a spot.
 
-----------------------
 
Here are some year-end review Handicap Committee stats from 2021:
 
Most rounds "reported":  
Ho - 66
Chandler - 63
Billy - 63
Dave - 62
JW - 58 
 
Fewest rounds "reported":
Buchert - 15
Danny - 16
Topor - 18
Troy - 18
Moostie - 18

Index "improvement" in 2021:  
Travis - -6.5
Ho - -4.2 (road to scratch!) 
Troy - -4.0
Billy - -3.9
Melberg - -2.7
Geoff - -2.5
John - -2.4
Topor - -2.2
 
Index "sandbagging" in 2021:
Adam - +3.3
Chandler - +2.3
Reid - +2.1
JW - +1.4 

Most people showed improvement in their Handicap Index last year. The three newer guys (Billy, Travis, Topor) all clearly improved from playing more golf. Travis and Troy (1st and 3rd in improvement) won Championships... while Ho only drastically lowered his Index in the off-season away from us.

Big opportunity for someone on the sandbagging list to win in the Spring!
 

8 comments:

  1. Lol. Sandbagging. 5th most reported rounds with none in December. Just reported my first of the year. It’s still
    Not good. One day I’ll be an ok golfer. That day is not today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one ages… their skills erode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm still in my 20's I'll move back to the blues this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m told Travis is now an old man and moving back up to the whites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think someone made that decision for me. I'm not mad, and it's probably in my best interest, but I didn't commit to it lol

    That being said, I'll stay with whites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came from Dave... although to be fair he said he "thinks" you'll be moving up after shooting a 97 from the Blues. You're making a good choice.

    ReplyDelete