Yesterday I set up a couple of text groups for this season (Verizon only allows you to have 20 people per group).
Anyway, a front is moving down early Sunday morning. If you wake up and it's raining... that does NOT mean golf is cancelled. For one, you don't live in Brooksville. So what it's doing at your house doesn't matter. But also...
We play in most rain. Especially when that rain is moving through quickly. Any decision will be made by the Board... more specifically those Board Members who are attending (currently me and Geoff).
Expect us to make a decision around 6:30am.
---------------------------------
We're down to 21 people, which includes two guests. If anyone else is backing out, or deciding to get COVID, do so now. Hernando Oaks isn't really the course that would get mad at us for reducing tee times last minute... but it's just a bad look for our prestigious group.
See you all Sunday. In rain gear.
Don’t forget your duck boots for the cart path only conditions.
ReplyDelete40% representation by the Board of Directors for the first event of the year? Impressive.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that could make starting the season on a cold day up in Hernando County any better is some rain and wind. I cannot wait. I'm looking forward to Dave shooting even par gross while the rest of us blow up.
Just because it's hard to detect tone when reading posts:
ReplyDeleteI'm genuinely excited about the weather conditions and like starting the season off in Hernando County.
60% now
ReplyDeleteSadly, we are missing the real "Hernando Oaks" weather by a few days. Even after the rain stops in our back-nine, the temps will be in the 60s (24mph wind though!).
ReplyDeleteTuesday and Wednesday morning it'll be like 35 degrees up in Brooksville.
We lost two Members to Covid in the last 24 hours. Lots of moving parts here.
ReplyDeleteSadly, that + number might be up to 3 now. Although I feel great, so I may schedule an exhibition round by myself 🤔 .
ReplyDeleteGlad I could help get you guys down to an even 20.
Have fun in the Hernando Oaks weather and see you guys when things read negative!
Pairings changed again... back to original order before six people bailed, one person got back in, and two guests were added.
ReplyDeleteDictator shit.
Long live the Commish!
ReplyDelete