Booked us at Summerfield Crossings at 10am - $55+.
Another Ron Garl classic which recently renovated all their greens. We have not played there since our first season of the DPT Cup era (stroke play)... when Faz, Gorecki, Geoff and myself went down after the original Hangover party. Geoff was still drunk, and we played from 5,779 yards (par 71).
Not sure what the setup committee will allow this year, but whatever. Season is over so time to check out some different courses.
See you then. Update your RSVPs, because I'll be dropping down to 20 players the way it stands now.
I would like to pretend that I'm a good golfer and move back to the Gold tees.
ReplyDeleteHa. Just talking to Chandler about this. I recommend moving up at this course. I think it’ll be worth strokes on 3, 5, maybe 7 (depends how you feel about your layup), 13 makes it easier to carry the bunkers, probably 14 but be careful not to go too far over the bunker and into the water, and 17, on top of making 9 and 18 potentially reachable. This is a course that I think does open up a bit more up tees. Buchert, you might be long enough for it not to matter as much as I feel it does, but you also won that time you moved up and I’d think making the round easier would help you even more than the 3 strokes you’d get.
ReplyDeleteI've played Westchase enough times to know that Ron Garl is going to kick my ass no matter what tees I play. This is going to be my last time tournament of the season, so I want to go out hitting driver off the tee instead of hybrid.
ReplyDeleteLast time I analyzed a course and decided to move up I owed a pitcher and forgot my wallet at home. Good luck JW.
ReplyDeleteGreens please.
I’ve only played this course from the greens. Wish I could go check it out Sunday with y’all and beat everyone by playing up.
ReplyDeleteGolds I mean.
ReplyDelete