Monday, July 18, 2022

Match Play - Summer 2022 Preview

We're finally headed to River Strand, first tee time going off at 11:30am.

Parings for the rest of the year are based on standings: points, events played, wins, 2nd place finishes, looks. We use the bottom (ie: irrelevant) guys to fill holes and play "ghosts."
 
Expect the parings to change as people bail because of the course's mandated late tee time, or not liking who they're paired with.

--------------------------

I type these rules out every season... mainly because you all need it...

Ride with your opponent. Stroke play event is still active so finish each hole as we normally do. Match Play allowance is 80% of course handicap. Mark up your own cards and don't trust anything you see on the internet, including this blog. Hit provisionals when you might be OB.
 
--------------------------

I don't have a recent card, but River Strand has three nines. Each side should have hole handicaps ranked 1-9. The FRONT side (allegedly Sanctuary) is the odd handicaps. The BACK side (allegedly Tributary) will be even. Let the smartest person in your group dot the card and keep track of your match.

Regardless of what tees you choose, Tributary is about 200 yards shorter than Sanctuary. This doesn't mean it's "easy." Based on the Bogey Rating, we'll set everyone on the WHITE tees. You can move back to B/W Combo, Blues, or Black. Let me know where you want to play from ASAP.

Card might be stale, and I added the alleged hole handicaps.

Course records are 84 (Faz) and 109 (Geoff).
 
-------------------------------------

Nine people have yet to pay their Rapture deposit ($100). On August 1st we're going to start filling the spots with alternates. Read the previous post for details.

14 comments:

  1. Black tees. Am I playing Travis? I don’t see pairings clearly listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of now, yes. Below our tournament scorecard is a clearer picture of the match-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll move back to the Blue tees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motion to change the league name to Fort Hamer Golfers Club

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll consider it when we move next week's FBGC Championship to Greenfield Plantation.

    We used to always play Stoneybrook... but it went to shit, they changed the name to Heritage Harbour, and it looks like it's completely torn up at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From a news article: "The first and second holes on the course will be taken out and replaced by the villas and the lodge. Two holes will be added to the existing course, which will remain a par 72."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't figure out the calculations for shit, but if I drop to 14 for B/W i'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll add that to our next training session. You're now on B/W for 14.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to someone taking my course record…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I didn't see you had the combo's listed on the pairings page... I was trying to figure them out by the score card. Please change your itinerary for training based on this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss Stoneybrook. It used to be a solid course. Isn't it being redone as a resort course?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah I posted about that 6 comments up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked that 1st hole...had a blind 2nd shot to a back pin...wait...all of my approach shots are 'blind'!

    ReplyDelete