We're back this Sunday with the new and "improved" Hangover Invitational. What's different?
Those of you who read the blog might recall our dues increased $5 per person. Everyone who plays on Sunday is putting a Lincoln into a Hangover side-pot. The lowest two net scores of those who attend the bar on Saturday will split the pot as close to 70/30 as we can make it. It's a little game within the game for those who will be severely handicapped Sunday morning. Equity is the word of the moment, and this is us doing our part.
Our season gathering will be at Yoeman's in downtown, starting at 8pm. They have a newly expanded space with a few golf simulators and very nice (professional looking) pool tables. Most people I've talked to (ie: the Board) aren't really interested in hitting balls. But Travis is all over it if others want to ($55ish an hour).
Make a comment ASAP if you're interested in the bays. If there looks to be enough to justify it, we'll get that rented.
-------------------------------
Gorecki's grand scheme was to book us at Buffy Creek super early in the morning. I allowed it to happen, and had an entire write-up ready to go about how it's not that terrible of a course (if conditions are decent). I went down there yesterday with Gary for a scouting trip. The course was flooded and range was closed due to recent storms. Sunday regulars were canceling their tee times. Every bunker was filled with water. Every ball that landed in the fairway plugged and some were lost. The round took almost 5:20 thanks to a mismanaged tee sheet (allowing a 5some out playing a scramble). And it poured right after we left, with more rain to come this week.
We 100% should (and will) go down there again. But I can't have us playing that course in those conditions. So I made some phone calls and got us on Waterlefe at 9:40am ($65ish). Definitely not as easy as Buffy, but hopefully less of you will feel like your Sunday was "wasted" — you know... wasted hanging out with friends playing golf.
I've once again exhibited the resolve and agility to change plans on the fly that led to me being named back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Club Chairman of the Year.
Everyone is on the BLACK, which are a combo of Blue/White, unless you want to move back. Let me know. Seniors and Gorecki are allowed to play WHITE. See you Sunday!
Update your RSVPs.

Waterlefe instead of Buddy Creek? It must be my birthday!
ReplyDeleteAre there witnesses to your round of 75 there? Nice record there.
ReplyDeleteMust be the day before my birthday because I wanted an easy course.
ReplyDeleteI don't need the simulator, just thought a bunch of golf dudes may want it lol
ReplyDeleteEither way I'm down to drink and play pool or swing some clubs.
75 with a triple on the par 3 16th. Dave was in my group and has a pic at the turn or something.
ReplyDeleteBlue tees.
ReplyDeleteI’m in for the simulator. I’ll count it as my range time.
ReplyDelete