Skins Game this week at the daunting Plantation Palms at 9:00am. Last year Danny won (by 3 strokes!) with a 99 on this course.
We are grouped and going out in order of handicaps, which helps make the Skins portion of the event more competitive. It also might explain why the winner seems to come from the "Group of Slow Death." Look at these overall stroke-play winners — and their Indexes — since we switched to a "Skins within your foursome" format:
2019 Spring - Danny - 29.6
2019 Summer - Adam - 21.8
2020 Spring - John - 16.5
2020 Summer - Gorecki - 27.6
2021 Spring - Reid - 14.2
2021 Summer - Darren - 19.1
2022 Spring - Danny - 26.6
2022 Summer - Moostie - 17.0
We'll need to debate the cause/effect of this.
Anyway go read this post about the crazy tight OB at PP. If you hit anywhere in the direction of a house, you probably want to hit a provisional.
Here's a scorecard if you want to move back from the Whites. Let me know now.

Same OB assumptions as in the previous preview?
ReplyDeleteGroup E gives me strong P Reed vibes
ReplyDeleteYeah I can’t imagine they properly put stakes in yards. Balls clearly in a yard are OB
ReplyDeleteProbably want to make that even more explicit than the link to the old post. Maybe some bold, red type. All caps. Don’t want there to be any misconceptions and folks playing out of Mildred from Scarsdale’s birdbath.
ReplyDeleteLike the bold red text saying we’d probably tee off early at Glen Lakes? Which Buchert then ignored?
ReplyDeleteThere is a young man that could help you on #9. In a practice round, I definitely plunked a house on the right and the kid tossed my ball in the fairway. IIRC anything on the right of the cart path is OB
ReplyDeleteWasn’t all caps. Next time try all caps.
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE ALL INVITED TO RED DOG ON FRIDAY FEBRUARY 10TH AT 8PM FOR MY 40TH
ReplyDeleteNeither red nor bold. Buchert will miss it. I’ll be there.
ReplyDeleteTrue statement about the saloon too...neither red or bold...just Dog now. We'll be there!
ReplyDeleteAlas, JW is right. I will miss it. However, it is not due to the lack of red or bold font.
ReplyDeleteMy wife is also celebrating her 40th birthday and I will be on a plane Friday night heading to California. I will see if she wants to cancel the trip and just do a joint party Friday night at the Dog.
Think Dave and Danielle (sp?) can do a joint party Thursday so we all get to go to lingerie night? Club outing? Maybe Dear Leader will use some of the riches he’s made skimming off the top and buy the first few buckets of Budweiser?
ReplyDeleteDub, does lingerie night even matter anymore? The last few times I've been to Dog the bartender's lack of clothing doesn't seem to change between Thursday vs any other day.
ReplyDeleteGood question. Despite my proximity I might go there less often than most in this league.
ReplyDelete