We're back at it this Sunday at Lexington Oaks at 9am.
I've dropped us down to 5 tee times (20 players). Despite Danny's inability to use the RSVP system, he says he'll "give it a go."
Lexington Oaks can be a very difficult track, where all the easy scoring holes are on the front nine. Soft conditions can make it extra challenging as balls tend to plug in front of the greens. I was there a few weeks ago and it was in decent shape... at least the putting surfaces.
However, it looks like it's going on rain on Sunday. As always the Board will monitor the severity... but expect to play in rain if the course is open. If a rain-out does happen, we'd just move the Skins game to the next open spot on the calendar (February 18th).
As for the Skins game... you either know how it's run by now, or you don't really care to know. We are grouped in order of Course Handicaps. The 25/55 club can play the whites (I'm assuming Gary and Gorecki want to move up. Troy and Reid have the option but they need to let me know). Here's a scorecard:

Ahh yes the days of good golf where I could double 18 and still shoot 80.
ReplyDeleteLooks like that card is from 10/20/2013!
ReplyDeleteYardages might be a bit stale.
Go ahead and cancel this week. Ominous weather and I can’t make it anyways.
ReplyDeleteYou'd get the same amount of points if you showed up or not.
ReplyDeleteJesus. Harsh!!
ReplyDeleteOnly reason I wouldn’t want to see it canceled is the crappy conditions could help ensure someone beats my high score out there.
ReplyDeleteThat said something has come up on Sunday morning and I might have to bail after all because some jerk friends don’t schedule around my golf schedule.
ReplyDeleteWith Topor, Dan, JW and myself all missing this week, I'm sure the eventual champion won't even feel like they won a real event. That's a combined 5.8% winning percentage missing from the field this week. Might as well rename the Skins Game the Joburg Open.
ReplyDeleteHere's some PGA TOUR comps for those guys you just listed:
ReplyDeleteTopor - 3 victories and two of those are Majors... husky/burly boy... walks funny... has probably yelled at a hooker in his past... Angel Cabrera
Dan - one Major... handful of victories... dry deadpan humor... probably going to lose all his money if he invests with one of our Financial Advisors... Henrik Stenson
JW - handful of tournament victories... win percentage between 2% and 3%... one Major... husky/burly boy... Craig Stadler
Buchert - flash-in-the-pan TOUR Championship victory... one Major... loopy swing... Jim Furyk
So yeah, I agree you guys would make the field better.
I am the Walrus.
ReplyDelete...Goo goo g'joob
ReplyDeleteWe're still on for tomorrow. Rain is going to come through quick around 7am. Hopefully its not a ton of volume and we'll be good by 9am
ReplyDelete