Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Match Play - Summer 2024 Preview

Long drive on #9.
 
Southern Dunes is one of the best courses in our rota. Very wide despite being framed by OB. Good mix of long and short holes. Large greens with lots of movement. Too many bunkers, but nobody is perfect.
 
Bring rain gear/umbrella. We're going to have rain delays since it's in the middle of the state. It's also going to feel hotter than Rosedale.
 
As a reminder of our rain policy... we wait it out until the course boots us. Like Grasslands did after the third rain delay. People in the past rolled the dice and went home, only to be counted as a WD after the fact. For those of you on your way to the Pitcher Zone... don't get excited when you hear thunder. Like Casey's kidney stones, this too shall pass.

Lots of tee options for you. Base tees are WHITE. The 55/25 can play White/Gold. Dan has already moved to the tips:



We have some good match-ups too, which I'm sure will change as people bail. We're going out in order of standings except where I had to shuffle people due to guests. But again... keep an eye on the tee sheet since it's fluid.
 
 
The BGR doesn't exist anymore to run the match-play bets, but here's a brief analysis:

Troy vs. Geoff - Geoff getting 7 strokes is difficult to comprehend.

Chandler vs. Casey - The Gypsy is officially 0-2 against the Seaman.

Reid vs. Gary - They meet again for the 5th time (feels like more).

Dave vs. Ho - No strokes given if they play the same tees. 

Dan vs. Melberg - Two heavyweights... and Dan's first round since ditching the blades (take note, Adam)!

Moostie vs. Danny - A proper pillow fight.

JW vs. JohnWeb - Battle of the family-man J.W.s — whose wives wanted them home two hours ago.

Brendan vs. Adam - Winner gets a tonic water with lime.

Crum - Busting ghosts. Currently Danny's.


See you Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. �� nearly 7200 and it might be wet.. that's asking a lot but more power to ya.. lemme think on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'll be the first with my guesses:
    Troy vs Geoff: Geoff getting 7 is laughable, he wins 5&4
    Chandley vs Casey: Chandlers new driver allows him to ward off the sage and win 3&2
    Reid vs Gary: Gary tales home the dub 1Up
    Dave Vs Ho: I know what you want me to say here but I think it will be a close match and not getting any strokes from the 2nd best golfer in the league will be tough. Dave wins 4&2 when I pump 2 OB off 16 Tee
    Dan Vs Melberg: If Melberg moves back to the tips Melberg wins 2Up, if Melberg stays on the whites I think it will be hard to overcome the strokes and Dan wins 2Up
    Moostie vs Danny: Moostie slow plays Danny to death to win 6&5
    JW vs Big Jon: the JW's half the match
    Brendan vs Adam: Adam 3&2, nothing bad to say about either one
    Crum Vs a ghost: the Ghost wins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll only be the second biggest loser in my round against John. The first will be the cart.

    ReplyDelete