Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Rapture 2024 Registration

Update: after much consideration, we're taking 12 people. Qualification tie-breakers are:

1) World Ranking
2) Number of events played in qualification period
3) Total points earned in qualification period
4) Number of Raptures previously attended
5) Perceived pace of play
6) DEI - (Dave's Etiquette Index)
7) Looks
8) Coin-toss 

Remember, rankings lock AFTER our final event of this season. Then payment will be due for those who qualify, which locks in their spot. Rapture Handicap Indexes will also lock at that time.
 
Good luck! Play well! I'll update when houses are booked to give everyone an estimated cost.
 
 --------------------------
 
We're headed to Fort Myers this year, playing the private Verandah Golf Club. Home to Old Orange (a 2003 Bob Cupp design) and Whispering Oak (a 2007 Jack Nicklaus track).

This is my fourth attempt to get us on this property, as we were rained out the morning of our round in 2019, and they couldn't host us in 2021 or 2022 due to other events. Even this year, they could only offer us one specific weekend, and with less than ideal start times.

Friday, October 18th - Noon* - Whispering Oak
Saturday, October 19th - Noon* - Old Orange
Sunday, October 20th - Noon* - Whispering Oak

*they're going to move our tee times earlier if members aren't booked before us

There's also a chance I might switch our Sunday round to Riverwood in North Port, which is 30 minutes closer to home. We played there in absolute shit conditions in 2019 when Verandah had to close due to rain.

But our next issue is housing, and for that I need to know... are we taking 16 or 12 players?

Regardless of where you are in the World Golf Rankings, comment now if you're IN or OUT.

IN (16)
Chandler
Gary
Ho
Dave
Faz
Geoff
Melberg
Casey
Dan
Brendan
Troy
Moostie
Billy
Buchert
Adam
Reid


DESPERATION (1.1)
Travis
John (delusional)


OUT (3)
JW
Gorecki
Topor
 
 

26 comments:

  1. If you need a 16th and I am the last possible options I will make every attempt to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... just passed the 8-man Rapture threshold!

    Not looking good for 16. Play well to boost your rankings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out - Resting up for next year and letting the leg fully heal so I don’t re-injure it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more stepping off curbs for you Topor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In for 2024. Questionable for 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy and Buchert adding their name to the list gets us to 14.

    I'm still not falling for it. I won't be fooled again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're at 15 allegedly in for the Rapture, with:

    Reid - "tentative"
    Danny - doesn't read the blog and completely unreliable
    Crum - 0% he attends

    My advisors are saying we should still take 12, since if anyone bails for any reason (ie: family emergency) we won't have the numbers to replace them. And it's much better to have alternates.

    Barely getting to 16 isn't good when thousands of dollars of deposits are due.

    Anyone disagree?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tie breakers should include fewest pitchers owed

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea. You should run for the Board!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That'd be like letting biden run for president

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I never get Covid...ah...well you know the number.

    ReplyDelete