As mentioned in a previous post, setting up a two club two man scramble tournament at Lake Jovita North course
Rules are simple...
2 players Partners will be chosen by random name generator (because I like Chaos) you each get 2 clubs but can not hit your partners clubs, so if you choose Driver and putter and you are 150 yards out, you can not use your partners 7 iron, you have to hit your drive or putter.
Handicaps will be 60/40 (60% of low 40% of high). As far as dates:
Tee time is 8:00AM and 8:10 AM on the North course. September 15th
Let me know who would be in and which date would be best for you guys:
Teams:
Teams are below with starting handicaps (Chandler can edit my math if needed):
Faz & Ho: -8
Geoff & Dave: -9
Adam & Chandler: -11
Casey & Troy: -13
Everybody bring $20 Cash, winning team takes all
In for all except 9/14
ReplyDeleteI’m good for all dates
ReplyDeleteDave just asked me to join his team. I reluctantly accepted.
ReplyDeleteI can do 15th, 22nd, or 28th
ReplyDeleteI assume white tees?
ReplyDeleteYep, From the white tees
DeleteIs this at Jovita?
ReplyDeleteYeah Jovita, figure for $55 (if we keep it under 8 people) it is probably the best/cheapest course to do something fun like this.
DeleteLet’s lock up 9/15. Seems the most obvious and we can start pairing up
ReplyDelete9/15 is locked as the date, I'll post tee times when I book them tomorrow.
DeleteWe need one more for an even 8 and can start getting teams. If anybody is already paired up, or wants to pair up, let me know
Can’t say I’m a fan of Chandler and Dave already pairing up. I think this should be randomized or use some form of actual math/logic with handicaps.
ReplyDeleteRandom name generator... because I like Chaos... once we have an 8th I'll create it so that way Chandler can verify HDCP math and put it in the app for golf gamebook
ReplyDeleteIf you’re going random… we need it to be live
ReplyDeleteI’m in. I’ll team up with Adam.
ReplyDeleteI'll go IG live or Facebook live, is there a way to do it here? Otherwise Was just going to record my screen
ReplyDeleteCould do it at the draft if it happens before 9/15. And I don’t necessarily care about the way pairings are decided or that duo specifically, just prefer some type of agreement or thought put into it once we have the final 8.
ReplyDeleteUnsurprisingly I have to bail. One of my kids now has a birthday party next Sunday.
ReplyDeleteThis has been updated with Handicaps and bets, Chandler can correct my math
ReplyDeleteYou were one off for me and Adam. Everything else checked out. I assume it was due to when you rounded. You're supposed to round at the end just once, so you really gotta build out the calculation in Excel (which we do for Rapture).
ReplyDeleteOfficial explanation from USGA:
Q. Where does rounding occur within the Playing Handicap™ calculation?
A. To avoid multiple rounding points during the conversion of a Handicap Index® into a Playing Handicap, it is recommended that the handicap allowance (if applicable) be applied to the unrounded Course Handicap, which will result in additional accuracy.
This recommendation relies on the fact that, in most cases, golf clubs and Committees have access to tournament management software that can run the calculations automatically – and every authorized technology provider has been instructed to use this method for consistency. (Rule 6.1 and 6.2, Rules of Handicapping)
-------------------------------
Anyway...
Chandler course handicap = 9.497 * 60% = 5.698
Adam course handicap = 12.3 * 40% = 4.920
5.698 + 4.92 0= 10.618 rounded to 11
I used the handicap calculator in the blog to determine so that's where the issue comes from.. the blog doesn't say the decimal, just that Adam got 12 and you got 9 so based off that I did
Delete9*.6=5.4
12*.4=4.8
5.4+4.8+5.4=10.2=10
Yep... and that's the wrong thing to use if you're going to combine two players handicaps based on an allowance.
ReplyDeleteah, makes sense then... I blame the blog. You guys now only get 10
Delete