Thursday, March 12, 2026

DPT Masters - Final Tourney Info

First of all, we need to re-name all our Majors. Whoever comes up with any name that gets accepted by the Board (for any of the 3 Majors) will have a future pitcher paid for by Dear Leader.

I've been discussing our final event with seven different courses over the last week. It's the worst part of this "job," as we don't send our best and brightest to work in the retail golf industry. And as I've been complaining about, some of the quotes are astronomical (one course quoted me $130+ when their own website has tee times for $112, which they denied while I was looking at the screen).

I'm going to explore coming up with a ROTA where we play the same handful of courses every season that have strong relationships with us and want our business. We already do this with Jovita (and previously Southern Hills). But it's time to expand the list of staples.

Anyway, I just convinced the guys at Glen Lakes to host us for our finals. They have a policy of non-members going out after noon... but I talked him into 7:44am as long as we didn't bring more than 16 people. Not a problem, as we won't even get 16 people. The current ???s are now OUT.

Rate is $80+

8 comments:

  1. Let's see how many courses we can name just based on vicinity and recent reviews. If we want more research into this than let me know and I can try to find out prices and availability but all of these should be within about an hour and a half or tampa:
    Saddlebrook- recently renovated
    Falcon's Fire
    Calusa Country club
    Club at Iron lake or whatever they call it now
    Azario at Lakewood Ranch
    Rosedale
    Shingle Creek
    Dubdsread
    Championsgate
    OCN
    Celebration
    Disney's Magnolia
    Grand Cypress
    Reuinon
    Orange Lake
    Southern Dunes
    River Run
    River Strand
    bella Collina
    Clermont National

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saddlebrook - in contact with them. They want $150+ right now. Told them I’d try again in the summer

    Calusa cc - will only book us in an 8 day window. Too tight for us to properly plan with all the people who bail

    OCN - talked to them this week… $139+ was best they would offer. Refused to give us Orange County rate. Told them no

    Reunion - my contact must have quit. Won’t return my messages.

    River Strand - always struggled to get them to allow us but my contact just moved to Heritage Springs. Told me to try in summer as he’s too new

    Everything else is not really an every season course. More of a… maybe once in the summer thing. I’m looking for every season value. Not just courses you like where our average rate balloons to $150+

    ReplyDelete
  3. But also… absolutely call and find out prices and availability for any of those. Would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are your newly named majors… The Open Container, The Pirateship, and the FBGC FINAL (fuck bitches, get cash)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The FBGC Major Tourney Names
    The Barrancas
    The Gadsden
    The Clinch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barranca is a great name for a golf course... assuming they have a barranca.

      Delete