The only relevant storyline of the day was if Chandler (me?) could finish near the top to put some pressure on Moostie in the finals. He could not. All throughout the bag was terrible, but especially wedges inside 120 yards. Dear Leader apologizes for his terrible performance, and congratulates Tall Mike on his 5th Club Championship!
Brendan was looking good to win his 13th career event, but completely imploded with triples on 16 and 18.
This handed a victory to Dave, who broke the league-leading current losing streak of 41 consecutive events! I believe this is Dave's first ever win at the Jamaican Open as well.
The course was fabulous. Maybe the fastest we've seen the greens at Big Cypress... and that makes their undulating greens a nightmare. I watched one of our best players 5-putt the 9th green! And the finishing stretch leads to a lot of leader board swings.
The course was fabulous. Maybe the fastest we've seen the greens at Big Cypress... and that makes their undulating greens a nightmare. I watched one of our best players 5-putt the 9th green! And the finishing stretch leads to a lot of leader board swings.
And for under $70, it's one of the best stops on tour.
-------------------------------------
We have a formality event next Sunday, going from one very difficult Ron Garl course to another. Glen Lakes is a bit of a ball buster but a fun layout.
As I've mentioned, our options were 7:30am or 12:00pm. While I do love a late tee time... we've done that already this year at Hunter's Green.
So we're going to be some of the first people out. Our mission is to not jam up the course with you people's terrible and selfish pace of play.
We're going out in reverse order - as is tradition - and I don't think that created any "problem" groups. But there were a couple tweaks to make sure.
So we're going to be some of the first people out. Our mission is to not jam up the course with you people's terrible and selfish pace of play.
We're going out in reverse order - as is tradition - and I don't think that created any "problem" groups. But there were a couple tweaks to make sure.
I'll see some of you (not Faz since he bailed) bright and early Sunday. And if anyone is late for their tee time they'll get the max per hole until they join the group.
Billy, make sure you bring the trophy.
I can't believe Faz is bailing on this event.
ReplyDelete