Schedule is updated on the blog, and reservation form is active. Nobody owes any dues thanks to our one-time collection at the beginning of the year.
I've scouted a few places — and it's pretty rough out there. We're going to start paying $130+ for places that charged us $40 a few years ago. So cancel your gooner subscriptions now.
Disney Palm - course was in excellent shape a few weeks ago. Not sure what they'd charge us but we should consider any of their courses. FL Resident rate seems to be around $140+ right now.
Seven Springs - I go here every few years to remind myself how bad the layout is. Greens were fine (borderline good, but slow). Fairways and rough lacked grass in many areas. $75 to be frustrated all day.
Club Renaissance - A FBGC staple! Greens are decent... firm with a few dead spots. Fairways were bone dry with no grass. Charged us $85 for a morning tee time.
Club Renaissance - A FBGC staple! Greens are decent... firm with a few dead spots. Fairways were bone dry with no grass. Charged us $85 for a morning tee time.
Cypress Run - Dave's private course. Greens weren't good... bumpy and dried out. Guest rate is $130 and there's zero chance they'd host us anyway.
Silverthorn - Front nine had me thinking we should go there. Back nine had no grass anywhere. The only green patches on fairways were weeds. Greens were ok... slow like Seven Springs. $71 to tee off at 10:00am.
As for places I was targeting... Southern Dunes was charging $185 for FL residents a few weeks ago. They're cutting that down to $80-ish because they're closing one hole per week all summer for irrigation repairs. So they're out.
Southport Springs was requested for a Concussion. Recent reviews say it's really bad. Same problem of no grass growing anywhere.
TPC Tampa is charging $200+ right now but I think there's a Florida or Group rate they don't advertise online.
Any other suggestions?
I can see if Innisbrook can get us out to island or south course. we'd need 4 - 5 groups?
ReplyDeleteYeah 5 groups max. Definitely ask what they’d offer
ReplyDeleteI’ll feel out my contact at Buckhorn.
ReplyDeleteGreatly appreciated. Played there once. It’s a good course. We’d probably have to go out pretty late though as they have a large membership
DeleteDiamond hill if the greens are mowed (but realistically needs another 6 months for the greens to soften is my guess)
ReplyDeleteI can ask Jovita as always
Club at Iron lake/Juliette falls if it's not to far of a drive
Bunch of good golf in the orlando area
I feel like you copied and pasted this comment from last season.
ReplyDeleteJuliette Falls is 2+ hours from people who actually live in Tampa. Each way. Same with Iron Lake
Copy/paste would have been easier as I probably listed all of the courses in the orlando and lakewood ranch area
DeleteI played a scramble at Westchase last week and the course was in really good condition. The greens were the best I've seen them in years.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like their weekend morning rate is around $90. I hate the course layout, but it is a decent value at today's golf rates.
Yeah it was in fine shape when we were there last month. I'll try to book it for us.
ReplyDeleteSaddlebrooke was decent if we can get out before noon.
ReplyDeleteThey just booked us week 1 for $60. Great price and conditions that'll make up for the terrible routing.
DeleteI had my post surgery follow up yesterday and although things are healing, doctor says no golf for awhile.
ReplyDeleteHopefully I can come to some events and meet up in the clubhouse after your rounds conclude.
Good luck to all this upcoming season.
I advised Gorecki against this... but apparently he gets off on telling the people all about his issues.
DeleteSo before anyone asks... when (if?) he misses the first four events, he's out all season from competition. This could put him in danger of automatic Membership removal (a la Casey and Danny)... but Gorecki somehow managed to play exactly 6 events last season (the minimum needed in a two-season time period).
So we can't (automatically) get rid of him unless he fails to play 6 events in Spring 2027.
Cabot Citrus will only give us the FL resident rate this summer… which is $170 after tax
ReplyDelete