Oh boy. I'm not sure what to say about yesterday's tournament at the new "Saddlebrook National." The course is in great shape. The deal we got was amazing. The weather was warm and sticky but the wind wasn't blowing very hard.
And yet everyone played terrible.
We should have had a few people under par, yet Dave won with a +1 (net). Dave rightly pointed out that most of the course favored a player who fades the ball, which Dave isn't.
Danny set the course high record (with Geoff) and still finished T2 (with Faz). He was the only person to par the 14th hole, and also managed to make two 10s (we should up the +5 max!).
It's not a "fun" course. The routing is a disaster. But John reminded me par is a social construct so I'm not even going to complain about some of the scorecard decisions.
We should go back every season while prices are reasonable.
-------------------------
Next week is 10:30am start at Seminole Lake. We had 20 spots reserved... I dropped that to 16... and now it looks like we only have 12 players attending. Not good!
I grabbed a couple of Ho's buddies to fill out our roster, but please invite others so we don't look like a bunch of chumps who can't fill out a tee sheet.
We might have to reduce the Rapture to 8 people!
They were natural 10s. No need to change the rules.
ReplyDeleteHow about the fact that there was one hole, on one day where I was the best in the league. The little giant in me has a chance.
Practice rounds just can't replicate the pressure and demands of a FBGC event.
ReplyDeleteI am still waiting on my written apology lol
ReplyDelete