Monday, June 29, 2026

The Concussion - Summer 2026 Recap

It was a pretty good day of competition yesterday at a bombed out and depleted Southport Springs. Seven players were within 3 strokes of the winner! That's a lot of people who feel like they could have won.
 
And everyone probably left at least 3 strokes out there due to a few unfortunate green bounces. So I guess it all evens out and the right guy won.
 
I'd tell you more about his round but he's already done that.
 
As for conditions, a few people said I over-sold the shittiness. Some said I was pretty accurate. Nobody said it was worse than expected... which is good. Geoff had a valid point: playing lift-clean-place everywhere definitely made it less noticeable.
 
And we still had a ton of birdies (and an eagle) which is fun. 
 
We'll try SPS again in 3 years, as it is the correct amount of "quirky" for this tournament.
 
------------------------
 
We're off for 4th of July this weekend. Next weekend is Match Play at Jovita North... an 8am shotgun start. We'll be grouped by standings the rest of the way, so check the event sheet to see who you're playing as people inevitably bail.
 
------------------------
 
A few schedule updates:
  • Have you put the Rapture on your calendar yet? October 8th - 11th?
    • Are we even going to get 12 players to qualify?
  • Only 7 players have sent me money ($80) for the July 26th round at Hunter's Green (11:30am).
    • This is one of the best deals in town, and we have to bring 16 players. Very soon I'm going to start filling the sheet with outsiders. I've put a few paid posts on golf architecture message boards, looking for replacements for some of you people.
  • I've somehow talked Reunion into honoring our rate ($119) for 12 players on August 9th (Jamaican Open). I'll be posting a link for that soon... and anyone attending needs to pre-pay by July 9th.
    • We can add up to 16 players depending on how fast people pre-pay. 

The season standings are tighter than usual at this point of the schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment