Long drive Sunday is #5
Everyone is on WHITE tees unless they want to move back:
-------------------------
Week 3 (Waterlefe) and Week 4 (Southport Springs) are booked and officially capped at the first 16 to RSVP.
Week 5 (Jovita) has 24 spots reserved, I believe.
Week 6 (Hunter's Green) is capped at the first 16 people to send me $80. There's a slight chance we can go to 20 people.
-------------------------
It's been a nightmare booking Week 3. The Rapture hasn't been much better.
Dates are October 8th to October 11th. Anyone who tells me later the dates weren't published will be sent a passive-aggressive screenshot of this post.
We are only taking 12 players.
I have Candler Hills reserved for the Saturday round. Juliette Falls won't let us book until 2 weeks out... so not sure how that'll work. The same manager chick was sending me emails in 2019 begging us to come back!
AirBnB options aren't great. I'll probably book us in Inverness again (40 min away from courses) just because those were decent setups (nice, many beds, pools) and the town actually has bars. Black Diamond wants $350+ per person to play.
-------------------------
Speaking of greens fees, they've been a hot issue since the foundation of our Club. Our technology upgrade project has me going through old seasons, and I've been re-reading old posts. This one was our announcement of the new stroke play era, where I wrote:
"As I complained to co-founder Geoff regarding the incessant whining about tee times, greens fees, availability, locations, handicaps, etc... it dawned on me that we didn't really need anyone else..."
Here's a list of all our after-tax greens fees when that post was written (2012):
Heritage Harbor - $19
Northdale - $22
Bloomingdale - $24
Summerfield - $26
The Eagles - $27
Bardmoor - $27
Crescent Oaks - $29
Cypress Creek - $32
Heritage Isles - $33
Dunedin CC - $34Pebble Creek - $36
Diamond Hill - $37
World Woods - $48
For context, $35 back then is about $52 now, adjusted for inflation.
See you Sunday!
Holy shit, going back and reading that original post was like time-travelling. It's nice to know that everyone complained about costs back then...
ReplyDeleteIt’s all the migrants driving up costs, send them back home!
ReplyDeleteSays the guy named Daithi
ReplyDelete