Friday, August 14, 2026

2026 Rapture Location

It's been a bit of a nightmare booking this year... to the extent that I've had multiple locations booked, but never the full outing.
 
We've had some great Raptures up at Inverness, so I first looked there. Candler Hills was accommodating and would host us in the morning for $125+. But the crown jewel of the trip is Juliette Falls and their amazing wait staff. Unfortunately, the same manager that was begging us to play in 2019, now says we aren't big enough to book more than a few weeks out.
 
So I started looking down south at "Ft. Myers". I really wanted to go back to River Hall, where the Singles round was held in 2021. They're now fully private. Awesome.
 
I heard Babcock National is good, and fairly new. They laughed at me, told me how many members they now have, and said they "maybe could take us if we call four days out." Nope. Don't they know I have cats to heard?!?
 
Anyway I found two very large houses with pools down there, managed by the same guy that does not speak one lick of English. So I booked those. What could go wrong?
 
Then I got Verandah who hosted us in 2024. That guy likes us but unfortunately one of their courses is closed for renovations. So they'll have us on Friday, but we have to go out at 2pm. Here's hoping we finish the round! They also didn't reply to my request for a rate.
 
There's a course down there called Ibis Landing that gets great reviews. The Ass-Pro was super stoked, but said we had to call 10 days out, which will be before their members are allowed to book.
 
And finally there's a brand new course called Webbs Reserve, designed by Nicklaus... although I can't tell if that's the part of the company that sued him or not. No chance Jack has ever been there. Anyway they don't know how email works, and when I finally got someone they said they'll let me book a month out.
 
If you're still reading this... Rapture is October 8th - 11th down in Lehigh Acres. Courses aren't booked. Houses might be cool. Put it on your calendar. If you already know you aren't going, say so now. We'll need to dip into the alternate list.

4 comments:

  1. Tl:DR
    It's getting harder to book, courses will probably want to have you prepay, we won't know until 4 days out where we play, and because of Pre-pay Gorecki is now banned from rapture?
    Did I get that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you all have to pre-pay houses and entry fees. So I guess that would ban Gorecki from any future Raptures. If he decided last minute he wanted to do something else, I'm not sure I could handle him calling and berating me. Although I reckon he'd be too scared to ask to speak to my manager (Rachael).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No likely he’s going to be qualifying any time soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete