Rosedale was great, as usual, and a very surprising value at $63! Less than they charged us two years ago! Conditions were solid - maybe a little damp and "juicy" in the fairways. Greens were slow but I thought that was a good thing with how undulated they were. Overall a great end to our season.
Dave had a very impressive 77 (gross), falling one short of a course record. Chandler fell up the leaderboard with a sneaky good back nine thanks to some elite level chipping. Buchert continues to ride a golf roller coaster as he bounces from DFL to contention week to week. Great to see him playing better.
Everyone else ranged from "meh" to Trunk Slamming.
-----------------
Obviously Marcus had the season wrapped up last week. So not much to play for on that front. But he's our 15th different Champion in 29 seasons! Congrats on an impressive stretch of golf!
![]() |
| Marcus - First of his Name, Summer 2026 Champion |
-----------------
We now turn our attention to The Rapture, and the continuous nightmare that is getting Tall Mike to attend a draft. Speaking of... the same guy who I wouldn't trust to plan a nap thinks we should be taking 16 people to The Rapture instead of 12. My thoughts on this:
- Only 13 players had enough events to potentially qualify. Embarrassing.
- The overall idea was to leave people at home. Hence the qualification process. We're not running some participation trophy event.
- The houses don't have enough beds, so any increase results in people sleeping on the floor.
- I don't have 4 groups booked at the first course. Our tee time is "either 2pm or 3pm".
- Every ounce of my soul believes that if I agreed to this, one of you people would bail last minute and destroy the competition. For 16 people, we really need 20 people to give a shit. We don't have that.
In a separate post I'll list out everyone in qualification order. You'll need to send me monies for lodging and entry fee now (amount will be in that post).
And if you're NOT qualified... and you would 100% attend... humor Tall Mike and say so in a comment. Maybe my understanding of current sentiment is incorrect!

Shrink the game. Shrink the rapture. Participation trophies should not be rewarded.
ReplyDeleteI would like to play in the Rapture! I don’t think this post is directed at me, I agree with everything said, I just suck at golf.
ReplyDeleteNot qualifying last year sucked...but it gave me more motivation to #playbetter this year!
ReplyDeleteI'm available that weekend.
ReplyDeleteNonetheless, I agree with the qualification process we have in place.