Monday, August 8, 2011

Playoff Week

It's playoff week... and I'm already tired of being at work.  Who's ready for a drunk weekend of golf?

Wait... that sounds like the weekend I just had.

I'm pretty sure everyone who went to Reunion had an awesome time, although it seemed a bit of a grid for me and Justin. We definitely did not expect to be one off the lead after the first day, or in the lead after day two.  And although it felt like we were choking on the last day, we managed to pull enough shots out of our ass to win by 7 strokes with a two over 218 (72-72-74).

So this weekend we head up to World Woods for one night.  Tee time on Saturday is 12pm, and Sunday is 10:30am.  I think I'm going to get up there early (10am) to get the villa keys, and go drop my stuff off.  The golf rate of $47 includes range balls AND lunch, so be sure to give yourself time to hit the range.  They'll bring your lunch out to the course if you want to eat after we tee off.

We have $120 in our budget to spend on ourselves.  We were going to buy some blazers (jackets) as sort of a traveling trophy... and force the winners to wear them to a league dinner... but that's fallen through because blazers are apparently expensive.  So since we're out of time, I can buy a keg and booze for us instead.  Or we could have a small cash payout to the winners... but it really wouldn't be that large.  Comment what you guys think we should do with the money.

As for food... bring a cooler filled with whatever you need for Saturday night.  Both villas have a propane grill, so we should have no problem cooking.  Also bring money for gambling, decks of cards, cigars, recreational items, etc.  Someone please bring a boombox that we can hook an iPod up to.  There IS a Publix and Walgreens very close by if we need it, but I doubt they're open late.

Here's a view of the villas from space:



It looks pretty secluded, so I doubt noise is a problem.  That's all for now.  Let me know any thoughts or requests.

79 comments:

  1. I have a boombox with an auxiliary hookup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if everyone wants to play on Sunday, but I thought it could be hype if the championship had a following. Ppl could get carts and just follow the championship round. Have some quiet signs, cheers after the shots etc.. just throwin it out there. If we lose the first day, I will prob be really hung over on Sunday and will prob just want to follow the championship match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be playing both days... and trying to win some side-bet money. But we'll also be doing it really hung-over if we're not in the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm down for some drunk golf! Screw this serious stuiff. I have an ipod boombox. Whatever you decide to do with 120 is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine! The fat kid will ask it...

    What are we making for food?

    Are we doing a "every man for himself" or a set meal where everyone brings a designated piece?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And bring LOT$$$$$ of dollar bills for some gambling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every man for himself. It's one meal... I think we can manage without coordination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be bringing a steak of some sort.

    Geoff is bringing a fog machine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bito... stop trying to turn our golf weekend into a pot-luck!

    As for the $120... instead of buying booze or a cash prize, why not do both? The winners should get a bottle of something which they can share or not share. And whatever is left can go "where ever"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah but giving the winners a bottle of something on Sunday doesn't allow them to share it on Saturday.

    We can get a keg for about $75 which is about 13 beers per person. Would we be better off just doing that and not worrying about buying beer?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going on a picnic, and I am going to bring BOOOOZE. Just spend the money on Booze. Winners will get a prize from chan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say get a keg, and spend the rest on vodka, whiskey, and mixers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Steaks and sides. Sure Chan will have a nice glass of chianti. I was thinking not getting a keg. We can't use that beer on the course.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dont think we want any Hernando "Dancers". Good call on the keg not being able to bring beer on the course. We should probably just get cases.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just go to the flea marker and find the single most obscure item you can find and deem it "DPT Golf Championship [BLANK]"

    Or we can use it to pay for dinner Saturday night... is there a Hooters near by?

    Or... get it in all ones and give it to the winners, but make them use it to bank roll Banko.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha. Banko idea is good, but since we're only staying one night it won't help us since winners are determined on Sunday.

    I'm thinking the best option right now is to buy cases so we can take some on the course...

    ReplyDelete
  17. How about...

    $80 towards 4/5 cases of assorted beers.

    $40 to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We could spend it all on beers, or we could spend it all on food, straight grub out, maybe get a big ass steak that you have to cut into sections, maybe some lobster lol..? Then ppl could get their own alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you think ab it, if we spend 120 on beers, we'd probably only get like 6 cases or so, which would be 12 beers a person for two rounds of golf, and a night of poker etc. I think we'd get better use out of it by buying liquor/food. idk. The only thing ab buying cases is you dont really get a discount. You would with a keg.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Also I am clearing out my liquor cabinet of all the partially used bottles.

    Here is what I am bringing -
    Vodka - .5
    Jeager - .4
    Tequilla - .4
    Rum - .3
    Sweet Tea Vodka -.25

    So that should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is no such thing as left over liquor in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah $120 won't cover anything more than beer for Saturday night.

    I still think we should bring our own food/snacks.

    Keep those suggestions rolling, and post up what you're bringing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Then why dont we get a keg for Sat night, and buy cases for the rounds of golf with the rest

    ReplyDelete
  24. How about...

    $100 to the winners.

    $20 to the runners-up.

    Everything else is BYO.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You really think we should give the runner ups $10 each? Seems kinda pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok.
    $80 to the winners. 4x their league fees.

    $40 to the runners-up. 2x their league fees.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How about, we throw all the money way up in the air and whatever God wants, he keeps...

    ReplyDelete
  28. So...

    $80 to winners $40 to 2nd?

    or

    Buy cases of beer to offset what we need to bring?

    or

    Get a last minute shitty trophy?

    or

    ???

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bum fight? Imagine the gambling possibilites...

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the beer and shitty trophy idea... As a "serious" golfer I think the point of the league is more about fun (beer) than winnings (cash)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Are we shopping there? You said there was a Publix near by.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm still going to bring up a cooler with most of what I need. But I'm encouraging people to join me at arriving around 10am... to give us 2 hours to check in and go shopping if we need.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'll go early, so we can still carpool.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Keg for 90 bucks, 30 bucks for cases

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am totally against using "League Fees" for beer.

    If you want to buy beer, organize a separate fund.

    League Fees should go to something for the league.

    If people don't want to have cash prizes, then buy a trophy. If they don't want a trophy, what about a golf shirt for the winners with the DPT logo and "League Champs" embroidered on the front?

    If you use the funds for beer, the winners(runners up) get nothing but some beer. If they get cash, trophy, shirt, etc. They are still going to get beer and drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. If any one would like a ride up there, I am leaving early as well. I probably won't go shopping. I just want to get up there, settled in the villa, and hit the range a bit before my tee time.

    Since Chandler and I live 27 feet from each other and he is a peeper.

    Whomever wants to carpool with us can come over and we'll divy up the people, clubs, supplies.

    Chan what time do you think we should hit the road?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Chandler already has a prize for the winners. I guess I can see that making the league fee go towards beer is a bit wastefull, but if Chandler got the prize for free I dont see why using the money for beer is a problem. Hell if everyone wants to, we could get the green jackets for what $150? Everyone thrown in an extra 3 bucks...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gotta decide something.. I think the amt of cash you'd win for the championship would be kind of dumb, and it would probably be spent on shots or beer anyway. I think it is probably too late to get a trophy etc..

    ReplyDelete
  39. I didn't know I was in a league with P-Diddy and Lebron. What is up with all this "dumb" & "pointless" talk?

    No matter the amount. Who doesn't like cash?

    ReplyDelete
  40. who doesnt like alcohol btw bito? Did heather finally cut you off?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Embroidered shirts isn't a bad idea... but we only have a couple of days to get it done, and the issue we had with the jackets is ordering only 2 from places is expensive.

    How about I just get some trophies with the money, and then buy a couple of cases if anything is left over? I do have something to give the winners, which is worth about $50 each, but who knows if it'll be appreciated. Some might say "awesome" and some might roll their eyes. Regardless, it was free so of course I took it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Get the shirts afterward. You don't know the sizes yet, or the preferred color. I don't think anyone will mind if their shirt isn't in their hand until next week.

    And then we all get our own beer.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Bito, you're totally against using "league fees" for beer because league fees should go to something for the league? I'm pretty sure only people in the league will be drinking said beer.

    I agree with Frank. I don't like the idea of a cash prize. No one ever said the league fees were for anything to do with the winners (Reid and Geoff), it's to do something for the league... so if we can give my team a prize for winning and buy beer, or food, or whatever makes it a fun weekend for "the league" then it's money well spent.

    This league was never a gambling or money making deal, it's to play more golf and have fun. I think making the prize cash makes it less fun, ask chandler and justin how much more work than fun it was (for them) last weekend.

    Next season we'll organize this stuff earlier and get shirts or something.

    If you want this weekend... side bets and skins should be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Jackets would be funny for a pic, but not realistic. When would you ever wear it? Golf shirts on the other hand.

    You should send out an email with a voting mechanism since kimmy and vermille don't let their kids play around on the intertubes.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I dont want a giant trophy which takes up a shit load of room in my house and collects dust. I wouldnt mind a small one that costs like 15-20 each, then use the rest on beer. Or if people dont want beer, just give them their money back

    ReplyDelete
  46. Then call a beer fund.

    So the air of potential cash prizes hanging over your head will ruin your golf?

    Chandler and Justin were in the running for $100' s. We are talking about $40 if you win.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I thought the jackets idea would be cool cuz it would be passed through the seasons to the next winners. And yes, I would wear it to parties, in the winter time.

    I dont mind shirts, but would they just be for the winners?

    I do agree that the league fee should be for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Bito, you're not going to win anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Do you guys not want to do the keg thing? Too much work?

    ReplyDelete
  50. We can easily do the keg thing. We'd get way more beer for the money and then you only have to bring a few cans for your round (if you drink and golf like I do).

    ReplyDelete
  51. League Fee and Beer Fund should be two separate entities. Jus sayin'


    As for a keg from a beer fund, it is easy. I can pick one up at Total wine, Friday night. The problem is that it is impractical. Can only be used on Sat eve/night.

    Cans on the other hand can be used from Tee off - We leave.

    ReplyDelete
  52. A keg is about 160 12-oz drinks. That's 13 per person.

    So let's just call the $120 a "beer fund". Then we have all off-season to debate if we want to make championship golf shirts or something next season.

    ReplyDelete
  53. this is getting rediculous.

    We have a prize for the winners, which is free (no matter how cheesy it is), meaning we save our league fee money. The winners will have bragging rights either way (priceless)

    So we have the prize figured out,

    So you are saying we should use the league fee for another prize, and spend another fee for beer?

    Sounds redundant, and if everyone is going to be buying beer in the first place, why dont we use the league fee, or whatever we want to call it, for beer? What is the problem you have for spending the league fee on beer = a good time for everyone?

    Is it against your morals or something, like using the blood of christ at communion to get drunk at sunday school?

    Just doesnt make sense to add an extra fee when everyone is going to be buying beer anyway.

    And yes, we cant use the keg on the course, but we will most likely float it in one night, the way we drink, and since it will only cost 90 bucks or so equaling 160 beers or something, we could get 30 bucks worth of cases and get two cases = 48 beers or 4 beers a person on the course...

    Doing all cases - 12 beers a person
    Doing Keg/cases - 17-18 beers a person.

    Tell me the reasoning why you wouldnt want to use the league fee for beers? it was my understanding all along that that's what it was going to go towards.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Not trying to argue over beer, I just havent heard a good reason ab why we shouldnt use the fee towards that except, "just sayin"

    ReplyDelete
  55. Sorry im hype.. lol,

    what if we did a keg, and used the rest on food, like burgers or something

    Im ok with Chandlers idea of doing a keg and use the rest for either winner's polos or food.

    ReplyDelete
  56. So can I have my "league fee" back?

    I already got my beer for the weekend, plus I'm bringing all the orphan liquor that has been left behind in my cabinet over time.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Scratch that...

    I donate to frank for hiz burgers and beer. I just want u 2 b happy!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Well all you had to say was you already got your beer, and you didnt want to throw in for everyone elses...

    ReplyDelete
  59. I haven't.... yet.

    I just want to aggro you.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Haha. Ridiculous. Ok we're going to use it on a keg and some cases of beer. Bring extra beer just in case for the course (you can always take it home with you). We'll float the keg Saturday night.

    No, Bito, you can't have your league fee back. Since you're losing first round you won't need to worry about a prize anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  61. two other questions.

    Which tees are we playing from? You probably already said it, but it's prob buried.

    Also are there no cart girls?

    ReplyDelete
  62. as long as I get my way with the keg, im ok with doing whatever with the rest of the fee:)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Also, Id like to do dealers choice for poker on Saturday night. Ill go all in once I get vaped as well

    HYPE!@#$(&%@()*&

    ReplyDelete
  64. We are playing from what they call the "back" tees... which are one up from the tips.

    There ARE cart girls.

    What kind of keg beer do we want? Haha. Why do I even put things up for debate?

    ReplyDelete
  65. Whenever Frank announces his choice of beer.

    I am going to spend 10 posts extolling the virtues of another beer.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Also is Tenielle alive?

    She is about 38 posts behind. She should have already posted something annoying, just because. Since all it takes in the ability to type and hit "publish your comment"

    ReplyDelete
  67. Here it comes...............

    All domestic tastes the same. Doesnt matter to me, unless we can get a sweet deal on something better

    ReplyDelete
  68. And I call first nip off of Bito's orphans

    ReplyDelete
  69. Then I say we go all out and get a nice import. Like a Dos Equis, Fosters or Heiniken. Total wine has all of those in stock.


    Also Frank, now I am not bringing the liquor, since my beer is already paid for.

    ReplyDelete
  70. who said anything ab liquor. Fosters!

    ReplyDelete
  71. How about Bud Light so we can have some left over for cases or dancers?

    ReplyDelete