Monday, April 15, 2013

Gorecki Par-3 Shootout - Recap

Collectively as a group, we tore up Countryway. The official scorecard shows a lot of birdies, and not a lot of max scores.

Darren hung on to win his second tournament of the year with an impressive gross 79, despite going +10 over the last six holes.

Reid and Chandler tied for second place again... both leaving a few shots out on the course (which is always the case for all golfers).

------------

Before the tournament Sunday, Gorecki told me I should take people out to the infamous Gorecki Spot (on #5) and see if people can recreate his debacle. Kinda like everyone is doing at Augusta in Bubba's Forrest on #10 (that name should stick).

Coincidentally, I drove a 3-wood to almost the exact same spot. But unlike Gorecki, I put an 8-iron 10 feet from the hole and made par. Oh well. I'm not as tragic.


------------

The season leader board is getting tight. Right now only Chandler, Darren and Reid have a shot at the title. But with three tournaments left, only Steve A. is mathematically eliminated. That should drastically change after this Saturday.

Our last regular season tournament is on April 27th. It's a normal tournament with a match-play bonus of 100 points. This means we can only take the top 8 players who can attend, since there must be an even amount for matches. Comment if you're IN... and actually tell me if you're OUT so I won't be left guessing.

The location and time will be TBD by Faz. But that doesn't really affect your decision to play.

5 comments:

  1. in if the time is right.... really early or afternoon hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you mean after your nap?

    Is noon OK? Would rather have you there than not, since you're "in the mix."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go down to Stoneybrook or something. It's finally cheap... $25 after 11am.

    We can play at 2pm for all I care.

    ReplyDelete