Quick recap of our 2016 reservation process:
After looking at a bunch of different options, we settled on two nights and three rounds at Reunion for $325. However, one of those courses will be freshly punched (Palmer). So we're only playing the Watson and Nicklaus course on Saturday, August 13th. Both are excellent courses, and the Nicklaus is seriously one of the hardest courses I've ever played.
So we need a 3rd course for Sunday, August 15th. As long as we kept the cost at $64, it would match our total budget of $325.
My first choice is the New Course at Grand Cypress. It's extremely unique, because Jack Nicklaus built it to look like St. Andrews. Number 1 and 18 are actually replica holes. Basically zero trees on the property... giant hidden pot bunkers in the fairway... stone walls... large double greens... the works. The course is perfect for our "Ryder Cup" theme.
I finally got them to discuss our event, but could only talk them down to $70 (after tax).
We're over budget by a $6. Start saving a few cents per day so you'll be able to cover the cost.
---------------------
Official Golf Rankings for the Ryder Cup will lock after the DPT Championship (our 2nd Major) this season. The current plan is to hold the draft at the Hangover Invitational bar night. Kill two birds with one stone. More on that later.
Grand Cypress sounds awesome. I'll start working really hard to make up the $6 difference plus extra fuel cost. I won't be able to make the Hangover Invitational. With my lack of practice and poor play when I actually do get in a round, I would highly advise picking me second to last.
ReplyDeleteGood job Comish! I've been wanting to play that course since it opened.
ReplyDeleteWhy 2nd to last? Who would go last?!?
ReplyDeleteI've played Grand Cypress. Very nice course. Didnt make me feel like I was at St. Andrews but it was different for sure.
ReplyDeleteI was hoping I wouldn't have to put it in writing, but I would still take you last Chandler. You or maybe Gorecki.
ReplyDeleteGorecki Said he would cover my $6.
ReplyDeleteHe still owes you $2 from the Sebring poker scandal of 2012
ReplyDeleteExcellent! I'll just take $6 from Vicki's purse the next time she asks me to hold it while she tries on clothes while shopping
ReplyDelete