We somehow dodged the rain yesterday, allowing Dave to play an almost perfect round of golf. 14 pars... 4 bogeys... insane considering how difficult Club Renaissance can play. He's in top form, and well deserving of the victory. Too bad he's missing a bunch of upcoming weeks.
Darryl also played very solid, recording his highest finish ever in a league event. He remains the undisputed best Gorecki golfer.
Geoff had another epic Geoff collapse. Later I'll have to go through and recount his best implosions in league history. Regardless, he can still take away that he played well for about 14 holes.
--------------------------
This week we are booked at Lansbrook, a course we've never played in league play (stroke play era). Tee time is 9:30am, and they do have a range. HOWEVER... the weather looks terrible all week. So I might move the event if that area gets flooded.
A bunch of people are out this week. So far that list includes: Buchert, Faz, Dan, JW, John and Dave. If this isn't correct, tell me now.
--------------------------
I also need to know who is IN or OUT for Week 5 (June 19th). As of now I've been told the following are OUT: Darren, Troy and Dave. Let me know.
In for week 5
ReplyDeleteIn for my own event.
ReplyDeleteIf the Gators beat FSU this weekend in the Super Regional then I am out on the 19th. I will be able to play if the Gators lose.
ReplyDeleteGoing to Omaha Buchert?
ReplyDeleteYep. If they win.
ReplyDeleteAwesome. My next door neighbor is Alex Faedo's mom. He's been a stud and pitched especially well last game so she's one proud mama.
ReplyDeleteGo Gata
He's probably pitched himself into the first round of next year's draft if he stays healthy. He's been lights out this year. His dad was Mike's high school baseball coach. His Mom is awesome. She took pictures for us at Mike's senior night.
ReplyDeleteI was just talking to someone at work about how I'd rather see Faedo than Puk on Saturday or Sunday. Still hope Puk goes 1-1, though.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that's settled.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the Gator chat. So does Geoff.
ReplyDeleteYa his dad still coaches at Alonso and she teaches at Davidson.
I talked to her last night and O'Sullivan STILL hasn't decided who's pitching what days. She believes her son will only pitch one day though. He keeps this up he'll be our ace next year.
I am in...
ReplyDeleteI'm in June 19th. Early tee time is best.
ReplyDelete"Early" is relative. People tell me that 10am is "too early."
ReplyDeleteThat being said... we're looking at 10am at Esplanade. But nothing is booked and official yet.
make it for 8 am!
ReplyDeleteThat would be perfect. Will never happen though
ReplyDelete8 am means some people would have to leave their house at 5:30am to show up in time to warm up. Dan is right. Will never happen.
ReplyDeleteTentatively out for the 19th. Depends on potential Father's Day activities..I'll likely know by this Sunday.
ReplyDelete