Monday, July 11, 2016

2016 Ryder Cup Draft Results

In what will definitely be the last year of this event being called the "Ryder Cup," we wisely drafted teams on the same night as the Hangover league party. Tall Mike and Dave did a great job in their first year as captains, even if Mike took about 15 minutes to select picks 4 and 5. Despite all of our chanting for "Gorecki! Gorecki!"... Tall Mike stayed focused (thanks to words of encouragement from Vicki)... studied his stats... and picked two people not named Gorecki.

Here are the draft results. Tall Mike's selections are in orange, while Dave's are in blue.

1 - Chandler
2 - Gary
3 - Buchert
4 - Darren
5 - Big John
6 - Geoff
7 - JW
8 - Brendan
9 - Reid
10 - Gorecki

Dave's team is loaded with "bombers," which I would consider Dave, Gary and Buchert in that category. I'd say Mike's team is more consistent, especially around the greens with Chandler, Darren and Reid. Darren and John are also probably two of the best putters in the league.

Handicap-wise, the average and median handicap for Mike and Dave's teams are (17.8 / 19) for Mike and (20.5 / 20) for Dave... with Mike having a much tighter range of handicaps.

We also picked pairings for all 3 rounds, by using the blind ordering process consistent with the actual Ryder Cup. This will save me a TON of time at the event, and might also get some good trash talking going since the singles pairings are known well in advance.

You can view the entire pairings on the official 2016 tournament page.

Feel free to add some commentary on the match-ups.

I believe Reunion is going to charge everyone's card the final payment this week, as we are now only a month away. I'm probably going to go play a practice round (or two) at Grand Cypress once the season ends. I'll post that up on this blog in case anyway wants to join.

1 comment:

  1. I'm used to ppl chanting my name at every bar I walk into so Saturday was no different.

    ReplyDelete