Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Gorecki - By The Numbers

Gorecki has played 35 events, 36 rounds and 648 holes in league history. Let's break down his career "by the numbers." Thanks to Faz and his stats sheet for some of these.

742 - Number of views (as of this writing) on his obituary page.

595 - Number of holes played until he recorded his first birdie.

68 - Number of career pars or better (fewer than 2 per round on average).

50 - Highest strokes over par (gross) in an event (Pebble Creek in Spring 2016).

35 - Average (gross) strokes over par per round.

30 - Length in inches (2.5') of the gimmie putt he begged for, didn't get, and then posted about looking for sympathy.

9 - Number of events (26%) he finished DFL.

3 - Number of Long Drives ever won.

2 - Number of times he shot a gross score HIGHER than the course's slope.

1 - Number of strokes Gorecki attempts to shave every time he goes OB.

0.25 - Average number of Greenies per round.

0 - Number of times he's broken 90. Also, number of Sandies ever recorded. And number of women he feels comfortable around.

8 comments:

  1. 595 holes until 1st Birdie.... damn, I would've quit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have put total number of birdies too. What is that number, Faz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 - the number of women in the league that have and will continue to beat his ass (gross) in every event they both play in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you two get paired up in the Fazioli Match Play event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2. Both in that same round at Buffy Creek last season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to pile on, but he does have two more wins than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won a foursome at Roger's Park when playing the Alonso High School baseball fundraiser last weekend. I was going to try to play on January 7th to warm up before the season. John and I are going to hang out and give the First Tee kids some pointers on how to shake hands, look another man in the eye, and hopefully teach some life lessons. If anyone else is interested in playing, let me know. There are two spots open. It might be a good opportunity if anybody has community service hours still pending from a previous non violent arrest.

    Not a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What...wait...you, John, or All of the Above???

    ReplyDelete