Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Gorecki Memorial - Course Update

Gorecki, bless his heart, attempted to book us at Mangrove Bay next weekend. Unfortunately they were closed to the public for a tournament. He then took it upon himself to call Buffalo Creek... and much to Geoff's & John's delight... they were also closed for a tournament.

At this point he contacts me and says his dad would look into his home course, Tatum Ridge... in Sarasota.

Being your fearless leader, I completely squashed that plan and have booked us at Countryway, a course specifically designed for the event. We tee of at 9:00am on February 5th, at a discounted rate of $24.

Mike was pretty unhappy about a few things: One; I wasn't willing to make the entire league drive an hour-plus to play a course from the old man tees (5,494 yards). Two; I told him his dad wasn't in for points or money this season due to Rule 3.1 (a rule Gorecki pushed for). Three; it's apparently very upsetting when he doesn't get his way, regardless of how it affects the league.

This is another reminder that everyone needs to constantly give feedback. Player feedback is the reason why Rule 3.1 was implemented, in an effort to maintain the integrity of competition. The final tournament of the year has always used an even more strict version of this rule, because people who don't play regularly shouldn't steal potential points from those who do.

And if I'm not constantly reminded of member preferences, you may find yourself driving an hour and 20 minutes to play a course of which Gorecki literally texted: "The league is not gonna let me live this down when we play there." So him knowing it would upset the league still didn't stop him from demanding it. Let that last sentence sink in.

So we have 20 spots currently booked for Countryway. Guests are welcome on a first come, first served basis. Keep your availability up-to-date using the registration link. And openly speak out when you have something to say. Telling me directly doesn't help.

Remember: Moses is watching.

34 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I played Tatum Ridge once. Average at best and not worth an hour plus drive. Thank you fearless leader. Country way sucks but at least it only a 15-20 min drive for most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I personally don't like Countryway. But it's the option that makes the most sense this season. Mike has a "list of other" courses he'd like us to consider. So maybe those will work in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrified of what could be on "lists" in gorecki's head

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering that Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday, I think saving the hour driving is a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since when do you not like Countryway? You've always defended it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah because I think it's a good "change of pace" venue. Lots of greenies to go around. It's close to everyone and doesn't take long to play. The greens usually aren't terrible (chipping areas are).

    So I'm more defending the idea of the event, saying it's better than going to some course and playing the Katie Tees. Especially if that course is an hour away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With five people being out/maybe on 2/19, I propose moving the Jamaican to that date and finishing with back to back majors. I want my voice heard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And no Katie for the hangover? I was hoping for some potential WAG rage over our progressive move to allow in our very own Cunnilingus Rice! (Yes, I just combined an Augusta National and Chappelle show reference)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to know if we should get rid of the Goreicki event or just gorecki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once we are a legitimate club, with quarterly meetings and secret ballots... You might need to make a motion for both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorecki drove to St. Augustine to play legit putt putt golf, so all this makes sense. Just a heads up one of you lucky groups are going to be blessed with my presence. Gorecki, if you need a wingman give me a call...I'll play with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got you with me at the moment. Anyone want to take a bet that Gorecki loses to Katie AND Litman?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is everyone's first option is to move the Jamaican Open? I have issues with moving tournaments around to fit players schedule, when the schedule was publish on 11/17/2016.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faz was more trying to get the Major moved so he wouldn't miss it.

    But I agree with Reid... really can't be moving things after schedule is published unless it's a rainout. And we'll always end with the Masters since it's extra points and has qualification guidelines.

    Outside of that, you all should be practicing wedge shots out of hardpan dirt. #countyway

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only said something because chandler asked for us to sound off. I was being obedient.

    ReplyDelete
  16. FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!
    Chandler you damn liberal trying to stir things up like the media. So now @TheRealMichaelGorecki must set the record straight:
    I texted Chandler on Tuesday after my first two choices to hold the tourney were booked because of other tournaments. (I guess its popular to play on Superbowl Sunday) Thats when I disclosed to him I'm looking for other courses including Tatum Ridge in Sarasota. AT NO POINT DID I SAY IT WAS A DEFINITE. And my text "The league isn't going to let me live this down" was referencing the golf tee box yardage (5,494) and Slope Rating (112) of that course. (I have the text thread to prove it) Well your fearless leader then became a dictator and took it upon himself to call Countryway and book something ELEVEN DAYS before our tourney and then post it like its the final decision.
    So let the people speak as I did have an alternate course picked AND booked:
    Rogers Park which to (accurately) quote chandler is "the nicest of the tampa muni's)
    5,820 yds and a 108 slope which would be the lowest slope the league has ever played lol.
    11am tee time (you're welcome late risers) and $34 per player
    I played there earlier this month and the course was surprisingly in good shape and has a driving range.
    So speak up if you want to play Rogers instead. If Chandler's Coup D'etat was successful and you all want to play Countryway I'll just say it's a rigged system and a bunch of illegals voted for him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would prefer Countryway for the Gorecki Memorial rather than Roger's Park. It is a good fit for this specific tournament. With that said, I have a voucher for Roger's Park for a foursome that I got for $20. So the three other players in my foursome would save money.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I set the over/under at 0.5 actual, serious responses to Gotecki's rambling. Buchert just caused the OVER to win.

    How about we play Rogers for the Hangover? JW might get kicked out which adds excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're down at the bottom of the standings with me, so don't go messing it up with a win next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Also, people want to play early because it's Super Bowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mike is just against his name being associated with Countryway. He should be more concerned with his name being associated with his swing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I support any and all decisions made by Chandler and zero decisions made by Gorecki

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Rogers park since it's named after me, but 11am is too late for super bowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So Gorecki has zero support per usual. Anyone want me to put up a poll to remove his posting rights?

    Jk we need the content.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Litman is going to play Gorecki straight-up for $10 at Countyway during the Memorial. Anyone want to volunteer to join that group with me for documentation purposes? Geoff?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Buchert- Thanks for your honest input. We need more guys like you in this league.

    Faz- I had the option to set first tee time for 8am. But didn't think the league would want to get up that early so set it for 11am. ANd good point how that would affect ppl getting ready for superbowl.

    Katie- Your vote counts 30% less than a man's vote

    Dan- See Faz comment above. But thanks for input.

    Chandler- I don't remember asking you to be part of Litman group. If you're going to "edit the lineup" I'll remember this for when I want to arrange a specific group pairing.

    All in all I'll concede and go w Countryway for next Sunday. And I like the idea of having the hangover there so I'll see if I can get that booked in advance. I promise to deliver on getting us on some other courses too for future events. Although for that to happen I'll need retain posting rights.

    Happy Gaspar everyone. Don't go Full Litman which for those that don't know refers to one's sobriety.

    ReplyDelete
  27. EDIT- I'll book Rogers Park with JW's approval given the tourney name association. Don't want to be the kettle.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The amount of times I've edited the lineup so you can continue to breastfeed off your dad, should at least refrain you from any more hypocritical comments on the matter. I look forward to coaching up Litman and helping him win that $10!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Gorecki, I made it home from Rilla by 545pm intact and no personal items were lost. Solid year. Do you want to ride with me on Saturday so I can be in your ear all day like Richard Sherman or do you want me chirping from another cart? Actually it's probably best we're separate because my added weight to the cart and chasing down all your balls we might not have enough juice to make it back to the club house for my sandwich Brie is going to have for me at the turn.
    Also, Chandler you suggested a $10 wager, if Gorecki has the sack to bet me his own money I'd like to up the ante.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just figured the housing market might take a down-turn... and Gorecki wouldn't be able to afford more than a $10 wager.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Typical Gorecki... I'll play in the Gorecki/Litman Group.

    ReplyDelete