Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Fazioli Match Play - Spring 2017 Preview

Lexington Oaks - 9:00am - $38

As a reminder, this is a regular stroke play event which will determine points and money. However, each of us are paired up based on current standings... playing an 80% handicapped match for a bonus 100 points.

Dave vs. Big John (14) - John's getting the most strokes of any match. Dave crushed John in their only previous match-up, 6&5 in Summer 2014. I hear the loser of this match is buying drinks for the winner until 8pm on Sunday. Dave's game is currently in shambles. John wins.

Gary vs. Troy (10) - Troy's first ever match play event. Gary tends to shoot in the high 80's at Lexington Oaks, which will be enough to defeat a newly rebuilt swing by Troy.

Reid (1) vs. Darren - Reid gets a single stroke. They've never officially played each other... so... Darren wins easily since he hits the ball straighter.

Chandler vs. Tall Mike (7) - Both players have been terrible lately. Chandler has only lost two matches ever. Mike averages 102 at Lexington which would put him right on the Pitcher Zone line. Chandler wins.

Gorecki (1) vs. JW - I don't want JW to quit the game of golf. He gets frustrated by bad shots, but I know he really enjoys the camaraderie of the league. So... for the benefit of everyone... JW will not lose to Gorecki.

Faz vs. Brendan (6) - Cellar match. Faz played well in his California "Ryder Cup" style event last weekend. He should put enough pars on the card to win... while Brendan gets zero mentions in the blog recap.

21 comments:

  1. I haven't lost to Gorecki whenever I've bet him on the round. I'll be wagering on this one. And my replacement sand wedge comes in today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. College football bowl season confidence pick style:

    6 points, Faz over Brendan
    5 points, John over Dave
    4 points, JW over Gorecki
    3 points, Darren over Reid
    2 points, Mike over Chandler
    1 point, Troy over Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with the point distribution of those matches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this.

    Not exactly applicable, but if you apply this week's handicaps to last week's results we would have had:

    John over Dave 5&4
    Troy over Gary 4&3
    Darren over Reid 4&2
    Chandler and Mike tie and would require a chug-off..

    So here are my numbers:

    6 points, John over Dave
    5 points, Troy over Gary
    4 points, Darren over Reid
    3 points, Faz over Brendan
    2 points, JW over Gorecki
    1 point, Chandler over Mike

    ReplyDelete

  5. 6 Darren over Reid
    5 Chandler over Mike
    4 Troy over Gary
    3 John over Dave
    2 Brendan over Faz
    1 Jw over Gorecki

    What does the picks winner get?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LAST place in confidence picks should have to buy a pitcher.

    6 points, Faz over Brendan
    5 points, John over Dave
    4 points, JW over Gorecki
    3 points, Darren over Reid
    2 points, Chandler over Mike
    1 point, Gary over Troy

    ReplyDelete
  7. And only those who submit picks in this post can drink off that loser's pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6 points, Faz over Brendan
    5 points, Chandler over Mike
    4 points, Gary over Troy
    3 points, Darren over Reid
    2 points, Dave over John
    1 point, JW over Gorecki

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 points - Chandler over Mike

    I'm just glad I'm not drinking beer on Sunday, because all the Budweiser and Yuengling (first and second choices on the course) will be gone with these two playing right in front of me. Only picking Chandler because Mike had an awful back 9 last Sunday and still didn't throw anything or throw anything into the woods. Act like you care, man.

    5 points - Darren over Reid

    I don't think I've played with Reid at all this season so I really don't know how his game is going. I'm just going to assume Darren consistently gets on in two or three and tremor putts his way to enough pads and bogeys to pull out a win.

    4 points - Troy over Gary

    Ever since Troy worked his way out of playing in the Dub's Cellar Dweller Group his game has apparently been on fire. I think 10 strokes might be too many for Gary to give up right now.

    3 points - Dub over Gorecki

    My game is in shambles right now, but I've gotta have faith enough to put three points on my match. No beer could spell another awful round for me, though. Hopefully Gorecki reverted to old Gorecki that can't hit it farther than 180 off the tee during his time fishing last weekend.

    2 points - John over Dave

    John is also getting a ton of strokes, but the low confidence points are due to the inevitable Dave bounce back. Hopefully it happens two weeks from Sunday so I can win these two points.

    1 point - Brendan over Faz

    Don't really know what to expect from either of these two except awful chipping from Faz. I'm gonna assume that allows Brendan to win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JW always delivers the goods on the comments

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I was playing so I could see the commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would have been something about WVU losing in the bowl game or Gorecki asking you to check his rash again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 6 Darren over Reid
    5 Chandler over Mike
    4 Gary over Troy
    3 JW over Gorrecki (JW on every chip ask him if it's a 9 iron and on every drive tell he might want a provisional...sure fire head games)
    2 Brendan over Faz
    1 John over Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. 6 BJ moons the Irish
    5 Tremors jammin Token
    4 Magoo blinds Troy
    3 Jman causes a Recki
    2 Donnie ducks Faz
    1 Chan chans the Moose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not ONE league member picked me to win my match?! You poked the bear people and now GorecHate has awoken from his hibernation of his whole one week absence!

    6 John over Dave: I played w Harambe yesterday and like his constant appetite for calories he's hungry to climb the leaderboard standings w Katie's absence. So w the number of stokes he's awarded he will win Tree & 2 but cotinues to be kept in isolation and remains roomateless.

    5 Darren Over Reid: Darren hangs on to that e-cig like a toddler w their security blanket. Reid secretly replaces the liquid w some magic potion from his island home but all this does is calm down Darrens tremors and another advertisement is created on why medical marijuana should be legal in every state. Darren 2 Up and 2 high to care he's won.

    4 Gorecki over JW: each one of you should be confident in winning your match. And for those that didn't there better not be any signs of "point shaving". Don't force me to shout my favorite line "Collusion!" Mike 2 up and I'll take the over of 2 of JW club tosses/breakage

    3 Gary Over Troy: Gary has been quietly climbing the leaderboard and he admits his time is limited to winning the cup before he starts begging to play the forward tees. Gary 2 & 1

    2 Tall Mike over Chandler: has anyone else notice chandlers horrible net play in league as of late? Is he sandbagging for next season already? I'm surprised he wants a handicap tracker update cause his index has increased significantly just like those stubby lil gray hairs on his head. (Barely taller than me) Mike over Chan 2 up

    1 Faz over Brendan. Faz's "California swing" revived his short game and with his match play practice helps him be victorious. Brendan's winless streak continues and I'm starting to get offended he shares the same name as my son. Faz 1 up.


    ReplyDelete
  16. Please share who won and lost the most confidence points bet and more importantly what prizes they've won/owe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't remember any of those details. I forgot them while drinking the pitcher you bought for +11.

    ReplyDelete