Excellent day of golf, at what is probably our most fun event. Of course, some people had more fun than others. Four of the six matches went to the final hole, so we really played to our competition. This was evident in the most followed match of the day, when JW's comeback against Gorecki fell short on the 18th. Both of them would have been destroyed if they played anyone else.
But yesterday was all about "Backside John," who continued to show that lessons and practice can improve your game. His 42 on the final nine ruined the small chance Faz and Tall Mike had at keeping their season alive. Dave shot 77 (gross) to card another stellar round, derailed by one bad hole. And JW lost the "confidence picks" because he put too much faith in Darren.
We will officially have a new member at the Champions Dinner, as all former champions were eliminated along with most of the league. Realistically, the Men's Championship is a race between John and Dave... while Katie seems to have a strong hold on the Women's Championship. Gorecki is dominating the "Looks Over 50" division.
--------------------------------
Every league member has played in enough events (4) to participate in the Masters. But keep your registration up-to-date for the final two events, so we know how many spots to book. The finals will be held at Orange County National in Orlando... while Reid's event will be held someplace to be determined.
We're off this week, so use that time wisely to make your WAGs happy. Or come play Southern Hills with me and Gary on Sunday. Comment if you want in.
John and I are in for Southern Hills
ReplyDeleteIt's Valspar qualifying week, so the pros will be out and the conditions should be "difficult." We have two tee times at 10:20ish. $55 guest rate now.
ReplyDeleteWith John and Buchert in... four spots left! Who else?!?
I'm in.
ReplyDeleteReid is also in. Two spots remaining.
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteOne spot to go!
ReplyDeleteThat was really the worst match of all time. Gorecki nailed it when he said something like "I just wish one of us would be winning holes instead of the other losing them." Clearly we both played absolutely terribly, but I was able to out-awful him by blowing up the last two holes in true Dub style. The course wasn't even that rough. We were just that bad. I need to practice a bunch before next season and Scotland.
ReplyDeleteI'm in
ReplyDeleteAlright: Gary, Chandler, Buchert, John, Darren, Reid, Casey, Brendan.
ReplyDeleteWhich course at OCN are you thinking about booking?
ReplyDeleteAlready booked. 9am. $75. Crooked Cat.
ReplyDeleteSend all hate comments about time and/or price to Gorecki who negotiated the deal.
I'm good with the time. Price is a little much but I'm good with it.
ReplyDeleteWTF!!! My Sunday hobby is getting too expensive...
ReplyDeleteMy thought is that with 5 tee times we can play alot of courses that would otherwise not be in anyone's price range...I don't think saddlebrook would have happened at $50 with a foursome. So a few expensive events a yeare to get a change of scenery is well worth it IMO.
ReplyDeleteTo Reid you are playing in Scotland. That is approximately 100 rounds at our current season average.
I'm a single guy with 0 children, 0 WAGS and 0 responsibility so I see the other side of the coin, but when you are playing good golf and practicing alot then the $75 price tag doesn't hurt so bad.
Saddlebrook was everything I want to see. $50 for a great course because we have a large group.
ReplyDelete