Monday, October 16, 2017

Low Ball / Low Total Exhibition Results

Wentworth is hard. Heard a few "I'm never playing here again" comments out there. The greens were in great shape, but why are they so tiny? So many ways you could make that course better. Anyway:

Big money (up to $60) on the line yesterday. Robbie and Katie stomped the JW's... winning the full total. I expected Katie to have some rust since she hasn't played much lately. Instead she fired a 93, lowering her handicap index by another 1.1 points. Speaking of, we currently only have three members with an index in the 20s. Keep it up!

Chandler and Faz had to win two points on the final hole to avoid paying $60 to Gary and Tall Mike. The Moose was playing out of his mind, and carried Gary to the money (only $20, unfortunately). But a win is a win.

Scottish Dave took an early Brexit, refusing the play on a broken leg like Tiger did in the 2008 US Open. The last time Tiger won a Major. Nine years ago. Anyway... I hope he's OK. Get your shit fixed in the off-season!

----------------------------------

Our next exhibition is tentatively scheduled for December 10th, with a bar outing on the 8th. Put it on your calendars, and be ready to RSVP when I make the post. It will once again be a first come, first served event... with a requirement of even teams. Also, if you own a High School "letter jacket," go find it and get ready.

I just lost some relationship power and the wife is making me go out of town the weekend of December 10th. I'll make a post soon about possible other dates and choose the one the most people can play.

7 comments:

  1. Dusting off my jacket, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told ya yesterday but I'm out for the scramble. Love the idea of random pairings. Interested to see how it goes with combining handicaps and doing the moving tees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna see if I can get out of parenting. Not sure what to do with what figures to be a 2-week old at that point. I played surprisingly ok for being in the state I was in Sunday, but there was no beating Katie getting net 1’s on two of the par 3’s. I think. Memory is a little fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So she had two natural birdies on par 3s? Cause nobody in our group had one... haven't heard if Buchert did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had three birdies in our group, but none on the par 3's. We actually only had one birdie putt between the whole group on all of the par 3's combined. It was not an impressive showing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know she had at least one, and I'm pretty sure it was two. That basically sealed it for their team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't start losing the power too early! You got a long way to go!

    I enjoyed playing Wentworth and the challenge it gave us - mostly because it's so much different than the typical layouts of courses we play. Forced you to play smart instead of gripping and ripping it in several spots.

    I'm excited for this scramble though. Its about time we play that format - other than the once a year Rapture.

    If I find my letter (bc I had no need for the jacket) I will be pinning it to a white T and slicking the hair back like in Grease for this random pairing bar event.

    ReplyDelete