Anyway, here's a list of points that people currently qualified for the WGRs will lose before qualification ends after the DPT Open, currently scheduled for May 19, and the rosters are finalized.
| Future Rank | Member | Current WGR Pts | Pts losing | Future pts |
| 1 | Chandler | 238.7 | 0.0 | 238.7 |
| 2 | Faz | 220.3 | 10.0 | 210.3 |
| 3 | Reid | 221.6 | 32.5 | 189.1 |
| 4 | J.W. | 166.5 | 22.5 | 144.0 |
| 5 | Darren | 140.8 | 14.5 | 126.3 |
| 6 | Casey | 168.0 | 55.5 | 112.5 |
| 7 | Gary | 148.5 | 37.5 | 111.0 |
| 8 | Mike H | 109.3 | 0.5 | 108.8 |
| 9 | Gorecki | 231.4 | 125.0 | 106.4 |
| 10 | Robbie | 88.3 | 16.3 | 72.1 |
| 11 | Tall Mike | 100.6 | 30.0 | 70.6 |
| 12 | Big John | 91.5 | 35.0 | 56.5 |
| 13 | Geoff | 48.4 | 4.5 | 43.9 |
| 14 | Katie | 74.0 | 53.0 | 21.0 |
Gorecki is going to tumble down the rankings if he can't replace those two wins that will expire, and Geoff and Katie need to start earning to make the cut. We have some players currently unqualified due to lack of rounds, so we'll see how things turn out when they get out of babysitting (hopefully) the first three tournaments of next season. Chandler and Faz are sitting pretty to be captains since they're point losing are quite low and they already have a ton of WGR points to start. That would be a fun rematch of the original Rapture captains, and Faz wouldn't be able to pick Ben, so he might actually win this time. Maybe he'd even win an individual point or even a half! Reid seems to be the only real threat to change that, as anyone else would need at least a win plus some to catch up.
Four more chances to get those future points up, so this could look a lot different after Southern Hills in May.
I have never been on Faz’s team in the Rapture. Sad.
ReplyDeleteI’m the worst Rapture captain in history. I prefer the assistant captain role.
ReplyDeleteI think I’ll appear on the rankings after the next event. Great win on Sunday chandler, should make for a exciting finale
ReplyDeleteDave, I don’t think you’ll have ten qualifying tournaments until after the second tournament next season, and you’ll have to play in every event until then to have ten qualifying tournaments by Rapture cutoff. You have 56 points accumulated towards your qualifying rank as of now.
ReplyDeleteGorecki's a lock for qualification and I predict that he won't be picked last...#justsaying
ReplyDeleteNew topic Commish...the DPT Masters has never been played on the same course twice...where are we playing next?
ReplyDeleteBalls. Also if anyone has a spare ticket for Thursday Valspar hooters tent let me know please
ReplyDeleteWe are trying to go to University Park.
ReplyDeleteAlso... I think JE is correct about Dave.
And... if Gorecki is not a captain... he will be picked last. He’s never been picked higher than 2nd to last.
Ah the pressure! Thanks for the wake up call err post Dubs.
ReplyDeleteI think the commish hinted its gonna be difficult to even fill the now the reduced field of 12 so not sure if they'll even be a cut. One can hope for a strong "IN" reply though.
Are next season's tournament dates set / posted? Just wondering with the DPT Open date of May 19 u mentioned, does that mean next season starts 5/5 w 3 consecutive weeks or is there a bye week in there?
And Dave I'm also tempted to head to Valspar and currently have no ticket. Have a ticketmaster discount I can use though for $20 off as I think regular prices are $99+fees for hooters tent. I'll need to purchase before Friday though so let me know.
I’m the biggest Debbie Downer of all time... and yet I’m secretly hoping we still somehow have 16. Just planning on 12 for Rapture. So we might need some air mattresses.
ReplyDeleteNext season was posted. I think. Whatever it is, is perfect. As always.
Read this post... which you’ve definitely already read once before... and then DIDN’t write down.
ReplyDeletehttps://dptgolf.blogspot.com/2018/10/2019-spring-summer-schedule.html?m=1
That’s the exact post I looked up to get that date. We don’t start next season until after Easter, and there’s a lot of dead time due to awesome golf trips over the summer. Gonna be a grind.
ReplyDeleteLooks like after I play 2 of the first 3 events summer season, I will come in with a cool 11 events..just enough. Might not have enough points to qualify if Katie, Geoff and Dave get their acts together and either play enough or get a high place finish or two.
ReplyDeleteFun to look at. Thanks Dub!