Monday, April 27, 2020

2020 Summer - Membership Votes

Yesterday was supposed to be the first week of the 2020 Summer season. While there are some less-reputable "Tours" still hosting events in our area — I'm not prepared to listen to the level of whining that would happen if we officially started up and someone got the sniffles. The response from the Hep-A Hoax at Silverthorn last year was bad enough.

So we sit, and we wait.

In the meantime, the Club voted to add Melberg as our 21st active Member. Voter turnout was barely high enough to make it official... so shame on you people who couldn't complete a couple of clicks in an email.

Alas, he's all good for the Summer (or Fall, or whenever). Welcome, Chris!

--------------

In other voting news... despite what has been implied on this blog... your Dear Leader has (relatively) nothing to do with Katie's status. She triggered an automatic suspension, which will happen to anyone who fails to play in 6 events of a rolling completed 2-season period (18 events).

There's no grandfathered clause. Winning previous events and seasons doesn't matter. The rules are in place so we aren't bogged down with unreliable people, forcing us me to continuously ask if your RSVP status is accurate (spoiler alert: it probably isn't), and wasting our my time manually updating your handicap information.

There's also no hard feelings from management, because there are zero feelings involved. Show up (1/3rd of the time)... and you're good. Don't show up... and you can let us know down the road if you ever want to get back in.

That being said — the Board voted to give her an exemption (through Article III.8) into next season. She'll need to play in 5 of the next 9 events to avoid the same situation.

I'm rooting for her to make it — because I hate how Gorecki acts when there aren't any girls around.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!!! I’m gonna win the next season! Champ again! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With reopening phase one set to begin next week, do we have a tentative date for resuming league activities? Thank you in advance. Curious if I can schedule myself appropriately to make it to more events than Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll look into it soon. Gonna give us some buffer since I know some of you are genuinely concerned about dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that but not due to the virus.

    ReplyDelete