Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Week 3 - Preview & Hangover Info

John has reserved us 4 lanes at 8pm Saturday at the PinChasers on Hillsborough. It's right next to the Vet, and should be easy for all the Westchase guys.

It's been years since attendance was mandatory, so I really don't care if you show up or not — especially after the virus killed Danny (RIP). But if you're not comfortable meeting up (as if you were going to anyway)... at least make a comment so we can adjust the reservation accordingly.

Hangover moved to a later date.

-------------------

We've only successfully played Grasslands once. Each nine is a completely different experience — with the front being open and fun... and the back tight with OB and water.

Darren destroyed the field with a round of -9 (net), 80 (gross).

I still like the -4 (net) number to be a target, so we can once again eliminate Chandler, Faz and Dave who must shoot 76-ish to be in the hunt. I'll pick Brendan, who will be completely sober and only needs to post an 87.


-------------------

Rapture Update:

Casey is skipping Sunday because the course is too far away and too late in the afternoon. Which means, Big John and Tall Mike will officially be our 2020 Rapture Captains. It's still not determined which one of them will have the first pick.

John needs to beat Tall Mike on Sunday by 258 points to retain the first selection. The 2nd-pick team won the first three Raptures, leading me to think there was some sort of bias. But the team with the 1st pick has now been victorious the following three years. Very strange.

Our official dates are going to be September 24th-27th, checking in on Thursday and then playing Friday through Sunday. The lesser event known as the Ryder Cup was the same weekend, but will probably be cancelled this year. We are going to be the only game in town. The World will be watching.

5 comments:

  1. I am very likely out for the bowling alley. My only two wins have come after attending the event, so I am officially out of contention once I don't show up Saturday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren sent me a text saying he is out as well, since he is in a "high risk" group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out for bowling. Somehow still in for golf on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never said I was in a high risk group. Those are your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. You said: "I don't think that's a good idea. Sorry, old guy here."

    I actually made you sound better.

    ReplyDelete