Lake Jovita was the host of our Summer 2020 Jamaican Open, Hooray Beer! We have played and BGR rated this establishment before but this time we were taking on their north course. Did this change our previous rating? Did they do something different that wow'd us? Not really.
There was a lot of uncertainty heading into the day with Hurricane Isaiasasisisis heading down Florida's East Coast. A one beer rain delay toward the end of the round but that was it.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Thrifty boozing conditions
Not the thriftiest. They were charging $5 for Bud Heavy 16 ouncers and $5 for Bud Light Seltzers. The club house was a little better as pitchers were running at $11. I was there early and had a cart dropped off at my vehicle to put in it whatever I so pleased. Also the parking lot is right next to the practice green so very easy to rectify those marked up prices with a good booze smuggle.
Lake Jovita is private so Pasco County's laws of no booze until 11am on Sundays do not apply. With Covid did that change? No, the snack bar on the bottom floor was open for purchases and the beer angel was floating around with that sweet nectar.
Not the thriftiest. They were charging $5 for Bud Heavy 16 ouncers and $5 for Bud Light Seltzers. The club house was a little better as pitchers were running at $11. I was there early and had a cart dropped off at my vehicle to put in it whatever I so pleased. Also the parking lot is right next to the practice green so very easy to rectify those marked up prices with a good booze smuggle.
On course service
She spaced herself out nicely on the course as we saw her 3 times. Easy on the eyes and pleasant attitude. What one would hope for and expect from the cart lady. Nothing more and nothing less.
Pissability
One restroom strategically placed where hole 5 meets hole 6, where hole 9 meets hole 10, and where hole 11 meets hole 12. The ladies of Lake Jovita had put a bucket of beers and sodas there for the taking. Very nice gesture but was just a diet coke left when we rolled through. After hole 12 there are plenty of hiding spots.
Clubhouse experience
No food and no popcorn! But were serving alcohol, AC, and a cozy environment. No opportunity to try their fancy quesadillas this time but with this china virus it was nice to see a clubhouse accepting guests. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out they were open earlier for lunch and had closed down by the time we got there.
Overall
Staying a 3 beer. As we predicted last time I think I could see them possibly moving up to a four but right now she ain't there.
Given we like to talk about beer and golf, I had to include this video. It made me chuckle. Who in our league is most like this individual?
The list of who isn’t like that individual would be shorter...
ReplyDeleteMore like Phil or the guy who can't make friends with other people? I'm clearly more like Phil in that I give inane advice and promote having beers with your wife, or her cousin, or whoever.
ReplyDelete