Friday, August 4, 2023

The Concussion - Summer 2023 Preview

Faz wanted a preview post, but I don't have much to say about this event, because I'm not sure what to expect.

As previously mentioned, Southport Springs is probably the most "tricked up" layout I'd allow us to play. It's a legit course, but extremely narrow and penal until you reach the final 4 holes.

Long drive will be on 18, a hole that we played -2 (gross) as an entire group (20 players) last time. That's 7 birdies and only 5 bogies. Easiest hole in league history.

There are multiple "driveable" par 4s out there, but most are surrounded by dense woods and/or swamp. The 13th and 14th holes are maybe 15 yards wide, flanked by a million oak trees. The 11th is a 197 yard par 4, which I guess you can try to take direct aim at if you hit the ball as high as Dan.
 
Conditions are also a big question mark. Online (Golfpass) it got 4-stars on 7/20 and 7/22... and 5-stars on 8/1.

In the recap two years ago, nobody was bitching about it... rather just in awe of what Melberg accomplished.

Lightning won't strike twice, so I don't think a low handicap will win this week. It feels like a Geoff victory.

Looking forward to the chaos. See you Sunday.

Speaking of chaos:

It appears the nines are reversed in GolfGameBook. So I have every group "starting on hole 10" in the app. Make sure whoever is keeping score in the app is the most aware of the group, so they can figure it out.

4 comments:

  1. My weekend can now officially begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No scorecards with dear leader even or better ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shot even on the back nine our only event there. Earned zero points.

    ReplyDelete