I'm searching for a place to play our final event of the season, and I've narrowed it down to a couple of choices:
Based on a tip from Marcus, I went to look up recent reviews for Wentworth... which was a pristine private club (with a terrible layout) back in 2005. This picture was taken last month:
Brooksville CC is another terrible layout, but has a handful of fun quarry holes. We've played two events there, and they should be cleaning up now that World Woods is no longer an value option in the area. This picture was taken 6 days ago:
I'll select one of these based on their beer specials.


Wentworth doesn’t have irrigation so there is no green to charge a green fee for, they just just charge for the cart. My vote is to walk it, pitchers in hand, and play free. By fall, I’m sure they’ll turn it into duplexes .
ReplyDeleteCPG’s greens keeper start working there?
ReplyDeleteif those are our only options for a season finale we've failed as a golf state
ReplyDeleteWentworth has my vote
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised you haven't joined there yet.
Delete