Monday, August 31, 2026

2026 Rapture Draft Details

We're a little less organized this year — but that's what makes it "fun"! Right?
 
As previously mentioned, we are only booked (allegedly) at one course right now. The good news is there's a ton of options down there so we should be able to pivot if needed.
 
But for the sake of the draft, here are the three scorecards I expect us to play. Please note (someone tell Moostie since he doesn't read the blog)...
 
1) Gary and Troy will be playing forward this year.
 
2) There's a chance Troy might bail due to his injured back. If that happens, he'll be replaced with whomever we can find. I wouldn't count on ANY of our Alternates stepping up, but if needed it'll be a first-to-commit situation.
 
------------------
 
Verandah - Whispering Oaks - Chapman

We're booked here Friday at either 1pm or 2pm. Not sure... they haven't confirmed yet. Anyway, we played here twice in the 2024 Rapture. Since your memories are shit — that's the one where Geoff beat Brendan in a sudden death playoff.
 
We are playing the No. 3 tees - with Gary/Troy on the 3/4 Combo tees.
 

Handicaps:
 
PlayerLow ManHigh Man
Ho1.864
Dave2.2591.506
Melberg2.3251.550
Chandler4.8923.262
Faz6.1434.069
Troy6.7564.504
Moostie6.9994.666
Gary8.1975.464
Buchert8.5795.720
Geoff8.8435.895
John9.8966.598
Brendan
6.685

 
------------------
 
Ibis Landing - Four-Ball 

I've never heard of this course... obviously never played it. Looks hard. Ho convinced me we should all move up since it's a par 71. 
 
It has good reviews online. Hopefully they'll put us on the tee sheet.
 
We're on the III tees.
 

Handicaps:
 
PlayerPHCP
Ho3
Dave4
Melberg4
Chandler7
Faz9
Moostie10
Troy12
Buchert12
Geoff13
Gary14
John14
Brendan14
 
 
 
------------------
 
Webbs Reserve - Singles
 
We'll find out in a couple of weeks if we can get on here. They didn't think it would be a problem. Brand new course inside the Babcock Ranch development. Greens should be quite firm.
 
Playing the III tees - with Gary/Troy on the III/IV combo tees.

 
Handicaps:
 
PlayerPHCP
Ho3
Dave3
Melberg3
Chandler7
Faz9
Troy9
Moostie10
Gary11
Buchert12
Geoff12
John14
Brendan14
 

7 comments:

  1. Do we have the option of playing back ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure I can fill in for Troy, if needed. I’ll play lightning fast from the forward tees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that hard to convince, pretty sure I just said I was surprised we were playing a par 71 at 6150 when moving up is still 5800 (roughly equivalent of a par 72 at 6000) and you said yes, I'm short off the tee we are moving up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your 190-yard duck hooks off the tee is going to cause someone to lose the Rapture

      Delete
    2. We both know my duck hooks still go 210

      Delete