Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Jamaican Open - Summer Preview

Gorecki called Reunion (multiple times) and was very "pushy" (their words) with the Accounting Rep. He demanded a full refund, and was angry that it needed to be cleared by the Group Leader (me). I told them my preference was to deny the refund, but ultimately agreed when it was confirmed it wouldn't affect the rate for anyone else.

I'm going to assume Gorecki will get refunded, and Marcus is now OUT.
 
If anyone (including Marcus) wants to show up on Sunday, the pro shop will charge them something. Could be more, could be less. A real "who's to say" situation.
 
As for Gorecki... I hope the time spent crying on the phone and being rude to people was worth the $18.96.  I've removed $100 (thanks for the penny) from your Membership balance and cancelled the Venmo request.
 
Should there be any penalties for Gorecki sullying our group's reputation? Comment below! And smash the "like" and "subscribe" buttons! 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Our Club has never played the Nicklaus at Reunion. It's historically considered the most difficult of the three courses.
 
Everyone is on the WHITE tees unless you tell me otherwise. Gary is on the WHITE/RED (which cost him 4 strokes!).
 


The Nicklaus Course is on the WEST side of the interstate... not at the main hotel. You still enter the same main gate, but be sure to follow the signs after that. It has its own range. Get there early! Hopefully we can get out early to help beat the rain.
 
See you Sunday! Don't forget to wear your Jamaican colors (colours?) if you're a traditionalist and love all things from the Golden Era of FBGC!
 

16 comments:

  1. Wanted to add a “shit given”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we need to start a gofundme for Gorecki?.
    You paid for a non-refundable round of $118.95, when you decided that you didn't want to play (not that you couldn't, you just don't want to, which is your choice)... you offered to sell it, you were offered $40, $60, and $100 and were ok with $100 when you thought that's what Marcus was told the round cost. Now that you know he knew it was more but just didn't want to pay, you go behind the commish's back to call and complain to get a refund on a non-refundable round?
    Can't be surprised since this is the same guy that wouldn't buy more than 1 bucket of beer at popstroke even though he owed 3.
    I vote 5 pitchers of beer as punishment for the arrogance of thinking non-refundable doesn't apply to you if you complain enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some funny things I left on the cutting room floor... which I'll tell the boys this weekend. But the real issue here is the signed contract aspect.

      Gorecki has never put his money on the line for other people. I'm routinely out thousands of dollars (sometimes $10k+) by pre-paying rounds and deposits for our outings and golf trips.

      It's the bare minimum to ask people not to weasel out of commitments.

      Delete
    2. So does that mean signed contracts don’t matter if you just complain enough?

      Delete
    3. We had a signed contract for Hunter's Green. I paid $1,280 up front for you people. We barely got 16 people to cover it. Topor had to bail due to a family emergency, and was out the $80.

      The difference here is Reunion had us pay them individually. Had it all run through me, this wouldn't be a discussion. I guess you gotta hand it to Gorecki for his ability to be a Karen.

      Delete
    4. This is America. Call the manager culture.

      Delete
  3. Gotta juice those engagement numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an incredible addition to Gorecki lore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can’t help himself! Literally got multiple people involved at a destination golf resort for less than $20! As if that was going to prove some point or “win” some battle.

      And at the end of the day… he still needed daddy’s permission to get a refund. Haha

      Delete
    2. https://media1.tenor.com/m/xCHvY6Ue9NgAAAAC/get-these-beggars-out-of-here-somebody-get-these-beggars-out-of-here.gif

      Delete
  5. I'm waiting for Gorecki to come here to try to defend himself. Or is he ignoring this page because he knows what he did was wrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to 0 shits given.
    However my new price is $18.95 if anyone else is looking to sell their spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On a lighter note, since I've played this very demanding course in wet conditions, a Jamaican would say to move up and make golfing more
    fun!!...“Ef fish deh a river bottom an tell yu seh alligator have gum boil, believe him!”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary must be on a 200 day streak of Patois on Duolingo

      Delete
  8. Can $25 chandler bucks be transferred to my account for the lunch he still hasn’t paid me for last year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. We have $65 of his dollars to play with. I’m going to chat with the Accounting department at Reunion tomorrow and try to get him banned from the resort.

      Delete