Back to Countryway! 9am on Sunday, and there's no range. That doesn't mean show up at 8:50am. I still need to collect money and whatnot. I'm told the fairways and greens are decent... while the rough still looks like Afghanistan.
$10 entry this week. But bring a little extra cash. There are 11 par 3s so the greenie count will be high.
Local rule this week: On the left side of hole 13 is OB stakes, which exist so you don't hit drives on to the 14th tee box. Ignore those stakes. If you lose a ball over there, it probably went into the lake, take 2 club lengths and a one stroke penalty. ALL OTHER OB STAKES AND ROADS SHOULD BE PLAYED AS OB. Just not the ones to the left of 13.
Prediction: Buchert wins this week. Chandler (hey, that's me!) finishes dead last. Five pitchers bought!
---------------------------------------------
I try to adhere to an unspoken rule where we don't put more than one guest per foursome. The more league members in the group, the more the integrity of scoring is upheld. We have allowed it a couple of times... and this week might be one of them. I booked an extra group, and Litman wanted to challenge Gorecki for $10 (as previous discussed). Well now Gorecki wants to bring his buddy Perillo, aka: the worst golfer in league history. So we either need to kill the Litman bet, or someone needs to jump on the grenade and play with the Special Olympic group.
I'll jump on the grenade, because that's what strong leaders do.
If anyone objects with me babysitting, then I'll put the groups back to normal, pairing Gorecki/Perillo with Brendan and Faz.
---------------------------------------------
Just about all currently qualified members have responded to The Rapture dates. Troy, Casey, Anthony and Dan still need to do so... if we're going to possibly bring 16 people.
However, based on the grid, I contacted Black Diamond about the first three weekends of August. The pro is willing to take our group, but said the Quarry Course is being aerified July 31st, and will be closed for other maintenance that following weekend. So we can either play on greens that are 14 days recovered, or 21 days recovered.
Combine that with the fact that almost everyone is available the weekend of 8/18... and we have our official date. Put it on your calendars now and don't book anything. You'll also need to take that Friday off. While the qualifications won't be locked until after Week 3 of next season... I'm still going to need to book two more courses AND find us housing well before we know WHO is going. The more you people stay engaged, the easier it is to make those decisions.
---------------------------------------------
We're due to go up near Westchase for the Hangover Bar. Please start making suggestions, and don't tell me you can get us an $80 pony keg like Gorecki did last time.
NNNNNNOOOOOOOO
ReplyDeleteJump on that grenade fearless leader.
Haha I knew you and Brendan wouldn't have any complaints!
ReplyDeleteTo keep the integrity of the league, I think Gorecki should have to putt everything out.
ReplyDeleteThere will be zero gimmies in our group Sunday. Myself included.
ReplyDeleteOn second thought, I'll give Perillo every putt within 30 feet. Have to finish the round before dark.
By jumping on the grenade do you mean collect all the greenies?
ReplyDeleteEvery greenie (which just appropriately auto corrected to freebie on my phone) will be much deserved!
ReplyDeleteWell, assuming 11 greenies, a long drive, and let's say one sandie. I probably won't drive any of the par 4s giving me bonus greenie money.
ReplyDeleteAnd assuming Steve Perillo even agrees to partake in the side bets (not mandatory for non league members, and Litman will definitely partake).
I could rack up a total of $39.
That being said... if it's worth $39 to anyone... let me know and we can switch groups!
ReplyDeleteThere's no one who deserves it more Brown!
ReplyDeleteI wish this blog had the ability to "like" comments like in Group Me. Because of so I would have like all of Faz's comments
ReplyDeleteWith an all-time earnings of -$166.54, perhaps Brendan wants to switch?
ReplyDeleteAnd Katie... our shit is pretty weak until I find a skilled web-developer who wants to work for free. I'm not sure if this site looks decent to you people... but it's definitely held together by internet duct-tape.
ReplyDeleteSite is excellent. Screw Katie and her feminism ideals
ReplyDeleteCode to add a like button... https://likebtn.com/en/blogger-like-button
ReplyDeleteIt's Free...
ReplyDeleteNot free. It'll only track the first 300 buttons (look at the pricing page). Also, can't add button to comments.
ReplyDeleteI actually Googled and found that site last night when Katie suggested it.
Chandler can manually track likes. I like all of the comments except Gorecki's. Please record them and send alerts to those who received my generous likes.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of Gorecki... now that he has the second worst handicap in the league... it seems the monthly Handicap Tracker posts have stopped.
ReplyDeleteI have a pretty seriously awful golfer to bring. Please put Todd on the list. He can play with me or Brendan.
ReplyDeleteHe's in your group, Group B.
ReplyDeleteYou have ride with Gorecki and let the non members ride together. For the sake of league integrity.
ReplyDelete